NH90 NFH Helicopter

MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: NH90 NFH Helicopter

Post by MikomDude »

Draise wrote:Wow, that's badass. Does the detail on this one have anything to do with the patch you managed to do? Great work!
Ehm not as such no, but I do have a feeling that the extra memory may come in handy later, while rendering.

MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Another update. The model is nearly finished! Texturing shouldn't take too long.

Full view

All that remains now is still a bunch of surface details on the main hull and the cockpit interior.

MikomDude
Captain

NH90 NFH Helicopter Update

Post by MikomDude »

Hopefully this will be the final work-in-progress shot. Only texturing remains and then the render.

A project that started out a simple idea "Oh let's model this cool chopper..." turned into a week long of lots and lots of modeling.

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Awesome detail. Great model. This looks so real you should make a render with Kerkythea, Vray, or such.
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.

MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

I don't have those render engines I'm afraid. Kerkythea is free though isn't it? Is it easy to import models from trueSpace or does that require a lot of exporting/importing?

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

LuxRender is free too for personal and commercial use. I think is is more developed, more of a finished product, than KT. I haven't used it but it looks good. It is a realistic renderer and there are plugins to integrate it with several popular programs including Blender. There is also a stand alone version. http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/index http://www.luxrender.net/forum/gallery2.php

There are several free renderers (Yafaray?) for Blender. Cycles?

Kerkythea is free. You have to export/import as obj although I think it can read other files types too. I see KT as a beta leading to Thea. It is capable and has many render methods. It is pretty fast with photon mapping. It is not easy to use but not super hard either. Materials aren't so easy and, of course, are key to a good render. Model and apply UV and basic textures (colors will do) in TS. Group everything and export to obj. Import in KT, do materials and lights and render. Avoid moving things or assembling scenes in KT. It is based on physics so make the objects life size. KT will have an "object" for each texture/material from the obj.

Rayman is the expert on these realistic renderers.
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.

RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

I´m a bit rusty but if you need some help with Kerkythea please just ask i will do my best !
Peter

darkmage
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by darkmage »

Lovely model.

As far as rendering goes I never had any joy with Kerkythea, but Blenders cycles engine is very good and easy to use.

Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Steve »

Daaaaaaamn dude