firstScope.jpgGot the plugin working. Here's the first result. Before the scope was made I copied the NURBS pieces and manually mirrored by setting x size to negative of the original value. I also created the rubber lip with the birail tool. It's a bit lumpy now because I tried to make a correction and messed it up. I used the NURBS info tool to get the 2 halves of the patches lined up in a way so the weld NURBS patch could be used to attach them together. The cap tool was used to create the flat front surface.
firstRevolveOptions.jpgI created the profile for the curve using the workspace NURBS tools. The profile was import to modelspace and the pivot was placed at the lens center. The new plugin was run with the "use pivot for center" option to revolve/lathe it. The first result was scary and melted looking, but I found the patch options and changed the display resolution.