Saturday Night Live

What is happening Today?
carlpatti
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Saturday Night Live

Post by carlpatti » 11 Oct 2009, 01:57

:bananahi: leon, the image and explain technique works fine for me. but really - my choice is WHATEVER gets me the most help the fastest... i am lost in the woods - drowning in the stream - falling out of the helicopter - tripping down the stairs - you get what i mean...
i have gathered so much info (maybe i have too much) but nothing seems to just give basic instructions. i imagine everyone was lost in shared space at first and had to learn. how did everyone else learn?
i was logged in since 7pm tonight hanging out all alone but didn't really get anywhere (except in trouble - haha :roll: ).
i will gladly accept any help you can provide. :bananatyping:
thanks, you are a fantastic new friend,
patti

froo
Captain

Post by froo » 11 Oct 2009, 02:02

server crashed again; possibly because I had the privs.xls file open when I loaded trueplay.
back up.

Hey no worries carlpatti. None at all!

Practice. That's how we learned; practice :D

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milk Way/4 Dimension/Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis » 11 Oct 2009, 02:04

:lol:
Okay Patti.
I'll try to do several basic tutorials for you learn the LE, Shared Space and other few things. Hope until Monday's night I finish all. If not you can slap me :lol:

Cya
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi

carlpatti
Chief Petty Officer

Post by carlpatti » 11 Oct 2009, 02:22

hey froo,
yup, i will practice 1st thing in a.m. - too beat up now from all that cyber-falling down i did.
i'm so glad i didn't wreck anything when i crashed your party - next time i will bring ice cream for all... :bananamouse:

and leon, consider yourself slapped - giggle - now slow down - no rush... i got lots of time and you are a student - school comes 1st. :ugeek:

good night and many thanks,
sleepy patti

Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie » 11 Oct 2009, 13:22

The last thing that happened when the server crashed was the panel being resized.
The problem isn't who but why. The resizing of the panel cannot be locked?

I was about to show Patti how to navigate in OurSpace. I will do that next week if everyone
is there.

Notes:
The maze needs a panel at the entry point so that users can return to FrooSpace easily.

You guys should have server crashing as one of your priorities. Historically this was common and
frustrating at Thursday Night Meetings. It still seems to happen a lot. If this is to move into the
Business world that has to stop.

carlpatti
Chief Petty Officer

Post by carlpatti » 11 Oct 2009, 16:00

good noontime all,

i think i figured out what i was doing when i resized the toolbar panel to an enormous height. i played around with it after everyone else left (crashed out of ourSpace - frooSpace) and resized the panel back down to normal size. if i had been thinking clearly, i just could have hit undo a few times - that might have worked - duh! good idea to lock the panel if that can be done.

i never did figure out how to enter the maze, hard as i tried... we (steinie and i) were just about to go in together last night - too bad i caused us all to crash and burn... okay, i know i didn't do it! (right, true blue? giggle) **it happens... :roll:

i can't wait to know what i am doing!

i am getting ready to leave town next sunday morning for a few days so i will be very very overwhelmed with things to do all this week and especially on saturday night. the top of my things to do list will be ourSpace time. i will have more of my brain available on thursday night than saturday but i plan to be there both nights - even if i just watch - peeping patti stylee! :lol:

thanks for the fun night last night to all who were in ourSpace - short but sweet. i am very happy to be part of this fantastic, supportive, and GROWING community!

patti

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milk Way/4 Dimension/Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis » 11 Oct 2009, 17:45

Great Patti!

I did some part of the tutorial, more coming... But comment there, also check your PMs I send one to you.
Other good thing is that someone could open a section at the Tutorials called OurSpace Tutorials, or a section at Our Shared Space Community called Tutorials. I have a lot to do!

Cya
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi

froo
Captain

Post by froo » 12 Oct 2009, 03:29

Hi Carl.
To enter the maze, you walk to one of the doors. It opens automatically for you.

Steinie:
yes we need to make sure we have a linkbar near the entry point camera of each scene.
Good point there.
We don't know why crashes occur; I think we can check the log files. There is some reference to these, I believe, in the trueserve doc.

I was thinking about an approach to 'reviving' trueServe if it crashes. There may be other ways; not sure if this is even possible. But I was thinking of using an external mini-app which sends a Heartbeat (AreYouThere) message to trueserve, expecting a reply, every second, or every minute. If there is no reply, then trueServe is dead and needs restarting. Not sure if it's possible to do that. Or, perhaps monitor the Task Manager and do something similar.