"Dribble" Owners please post your bugs here

Post all your "Dribble" Bugs here for Simon
Tiles
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: "Dribble" Owners please post your bugs here

Post by Tiles »

Found another little thing, when you render to file you always need to change the settings for the size again. Like in this shot. I choose 512x512, and everytime i call the render to file again the setting snaps back to 640x480. The normal tS render to file dialogue keeps the values though :)
Attachments
setting.jpg
setting.jpg (18.37 KiB) Viewed 6393 times
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http://reinerstilesets.de
Wigand
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Wigand »

I tried to install Dribbel but in the moment I load the TSX I get the message, that a mudule can not be found.
I looked with Procmon.exe what module this can be and it tells me what you can see in the attached picture.

Then I looked for this dll and put one from the internet into the desired folder. Now I get the message that
a procedure cannot be found.
Attachments
notfound1.jpg
Benji

Post by Benji »

Thanks for displacement fix, it works perfectly.

@Wigand - I'm not sure what's going on there. You have installed 3delight first and started the licserver?
Wigand

Post by Wigand »

Yes, as a background server
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

Wigand wrote:I tried to install Dribbel but in the moment I load the TSX I get the message, that a mudule can not be found.
I looked with Procmon.exe what module this can be and it tells me what you can see in the attached picture.

Then I looked for this dll and put one from the internet into the desired folder. Now I get the message that
a procedure cannot be found.
Did you install from the installer inside the zip archive or did you manually copy the tsx? If you manually copied remove it and try the installer. The installer won't install if 3Delight is not already installed on your system.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Tiles

Post by Tiles »

My guess is that tS 7.6 is not installed outside the program files directory as required. I´ve noticed that when i had a look at Wigands error message. There you can read C:\Programme\trueSpace 7.61 ...

Installing trueSpace in the Program Files directory can cause trouble because Caligari never made tS 7.61 Windows Rights compatible. And Windows takes care about everything installed in the Program Files directory, rightshasslewise. It blocks for example writing to an Ini that is in a Program Files directory. Solution is to install trueSpace directly at C:\, which is the default installation directory anyways :)
and try the installer
There is an installer for your newest version?
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

and try the installer
There is an installer for your newest version?[/quote]

No installer, just a replacement tsx. The only change I made to the plugin was because the gui was cut off(maybe it was a win 7 thing) and the other changes I made were to the shaders.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Tiles

Post by Tiles »

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing :)
Wigand

Post by Wigand »

Tiles wrote:My guess is that tS 7.6 is not installed outside the program files directory as required. I´ve noticed that when i had a look at Wigands error message. There you can read C:\Programme\trueSpace 7.61 ...

Installing trueSpace in the Program Files directory can cause trouble because Caligari never made tS 7.61 Windows Rights compatible. And Windows takes care about everything installed in the Program Files directory, rightshasslewise. It blocks for example writing to an Ini that is in a Program Files directory. Solution is to install trueSpace directly at C:\, which is the default installation directory anyways :)
I installed TS again ( without uninstalling the other versions, I always had different versions in different places)
in
C:\trueSpace761\
but without success.
Tiles

Post by Tiles »

I think we have it. The original Dribble installer installs a BTNexgenIPL32.dll into the trueSpace761\tS directory. This dll is missing when we use Clintons just tsx version. And that`s where this error comes from. The BTNexgenIPL32.dll cannot be found because it is not there.

The installer also installs some other stuff into the dribble folder. Like the manual, and a default.drb plus a workingdata folder. And drbSimpleFur.tss and drbSimpleSSS.tss into the trueSpace761\tS\Shaders\Material directory.

Just curious, since the whole stuff is open source now(I hope the manual is open souce too), shall i build an installer that installs all current needed stuff to run dribble? Or shall we wait a bit with that until you are a bit further with your development?