"Dribble" Owners please post your bugs here

Post all your "Dribble" Bugs here for Simon
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: "Dribble" Owners please post your bugs here

Post by clintonman »

The default value of .225 is from the 3delight manual so it will give the same disconnected shadow result. Somewhere around .1 works better.
my 3delight version is 11.0.24

I did a quick test scaling everything by 10 and now I think 3delight may be expecting bigger objects. Maybe centimeter scale instead of tS meter scale.
I'll let you know how it works out.

Edit: I just noticed from your screenshot that you are not using the tsx I uploaded here. The official tsx hasn't been updated yet and doesn't use the bias setting.

Another Edit: Ignore the previous edit, the title bar hasn't been updated yet.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

clintonman wrote: I did a quick test scaling everything by 10 and now I think 3delight may be expecting bigger objects. Maybe centimeter scale instead of tS meter scale.
I'll let you know how it works out.
That's right.
Scaling by 10 produces the best result :
dribble_accuracy4.jpg
dribble_accuracy5.jpg
Regarding Spot/Projector Light in ShadowsType=Map, I noticed that among the settings, some are sent to 3delight and some are not.
Here is what I found :

Color : YES
Intensity : YES
Falloff modes : YES
Image (for projector light) : YES
Shadow Transparency : NO
Map size : NO
Sharpeness : YES
Quality : NO

I belive Quality is controled for all lights at once through Dribble's panel, via the Shading Rate option. Am I right ?
But what about Map size ? Changing Shadowmap Scale in Dribble's panel doesn't seems to make any change in the render.

Once mastered, I will grab all the tricks we have found to make a help file for Dribble. 3delight has a great potential as it is a rather fast render engine (faster that Lightworks in some cases) but it is important to understand how it works to make the best use of it.
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

Dribble is set to save time by not always recalculating the shadows. If you don't see a change it's because dribble is using old information. Use the cache override to force it to update the information. This is true for shadow map size and probable other things too. Check out the dribble docs - "C:/trueSpace761/tS/tsx/dribble/docs/quickstart.html"
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

I just found that if you've got, in the same folder, several files in different formats but sharing the same name (like extension.bmp, extension.png and extension.jpg), Dribble will render the .bmp one, even if you painted the object with the .jpg or the .png !
dribble_bmp.jpg
Attachments
extension_texture.zip
(29.9 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

In the Material Editor, if you set Faceted rather than AutoFacet or Smooth, then the UV projection looks broken. Editing the UV doesn't help : 3delight behaves like if there was no UV information and seems to apply a default UV projection.
3delight_broken uv.jpg