ANIMATION CONTEST 2010 / 02

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Re: ANIMATION CONTEST 2010 / 02

Post by LeonRegis »

Ow. great to have you guys in!

Jeff: Thanks, go ROCKZ!

RAYMAN: Great! I never saw an animation from you.

Steinie: Thanks, also I want to see with what you will come up. Yep, I'll try to continue the Mars mission, but maybe I lose the interest on the spacial theme... but I'll give a try.

Keep going!
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Why wait to post a WIP when I can do it now and be ahead of the game.
There are certain things in this video that I am allowed to release and other pieces that due to a confidental agreement I signed I am not allowed to release.
Here are specific details I can release.
Modeling software used:
TrueSpace 4.3
Argile

Animation Software Used:
Vue 7
Poser 8

Texture and Bump Maps:
Photoshop 7

Song by Fervor:
The Wake

Here is what I am not allowed to display until the project is complete.
Any piece or part of the video that shows any action that would give the video away.
I can not tell any part of the story line to this.

Here is what I can display and will.
Non textured models (wireframe only)
One city scene approved by the band that is textured.

Total Length: 3:29
Attachments
Hawk.jpg
Globe1.jpg
City 1 textured and rendered in Vue7.
City 1 textured and rendered in Vue7.
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

One more addition to this WIP.
All models from the space ship to the city scenes are 100% of my own creation/design and have been done in TrueSpace 4.3 and minor work done in Argile.
All textures applied to the buildings and the space ship(s) have been 100% created by me in PhotoShop7.
Special effects that are to be used will be created in ParticleIllusion and are custom, meaning that all alpha maps are created by me in PhotoShop7.
I have alot of work to go and not much time to do it in, creating a realistic animated video takes alot more work that I expected, I am even consulting with a professional photographer for correct angles and light.
Ask question if you would like and I will respond to the best of what I am allowed to say.
See you all very soon in the contest..

P.S. Leon you better finish the space scene, dont start something unless you plan to finish it.
P.S.S. Steinie I want to see some great works from you, Yo Adrian you can do it.
Astalavista baby.....
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

The animation contest has been extended due to the MMC... I don't want to you guys need to choose which contest enter. Also I think Animation Contests needs to be bimonthly and not monthly... And in some cases with one more month extension. ACs are different from MMCs... they need more time or then they will look not that good.

I advise next winners to set ACs bimonthly... I'll set a poll near the end to see if someone wants to extend it.

Hope you understand

PS: Please enter the contest now, to then don't have any problems with the deadline.
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

YO Leon,
I agree with you, the animations take longer to produce.
Let me know when the poll is up and I will vote in favor of extending it.
Your the man....
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Sorry... I wrote it too confusing!

The Contest HAS been extended (we can go back if anyone is oppose to it). So the poll I mentioned is just for ANOTHER extension (making this contest a 3 month contest), and because a 3 month contest is something too big I'll do a poll to see if most of guys want a exchange.

Sorry for act as dictator but I did it just to speed the process and also it might help some undecided guys to enter. Again, if anyone didn't like it... just let me know (by PM, if want...) and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

I forgot to post my WIP, it's the same of the last one: http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... =50&t=1153" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any concern about the last action? I think not, so this definitively has been extended.

Please come in!
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

My WIP will be here:
http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... 461#p15461" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Here are a few images I was able to post with permission from the band.
Attachments
Ship over planet 10 sec_000167.jpg
Ship over planet 10 sec hawk drop out_000201.jpg
Hawk fly thru atmos 2_000113.jpg
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

leonregis wrote: You can post any unpublished animation, I mean by it that... you can post a animation you didn't published yet, or a animation that you heavily modified and didn't published yet, but you need to post the WIP of it, if you don't have it then you can't put it here. Ex: Marcel can entry with B.O.T 4. Please guys respect this rule, post only if you didn't published it really and if you have a WIP.
I finish B.O.T. 4 this week. Maybe i can post it for this contest (contest or not, i will post the part 4 on my youtube channel this month). i need to add some info on my WIP to show some work and i start a part 5. After a winter of destruction, I'm enjoying the spring to rebuild that centibots destroyed. This should be the last part before making the final cut which will include news scenes (essential to really understand the story) and music.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr