ANIMATION CONTEST 2010 / 02

RAYMAN
Captain

Re: ANIMATION CONTEST 2010 / 02

Post by RAYMAN »

We seem to all have the same bug.....
The outdoor bug......
The only 3d I´m doing right now is the project I´m on with Drew and Dan and William and Robert.
I simply dont have any time now :oops:
Peter
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

Cool dragon farts Jeff.
Steinie wrote:fire-balled pork & bean back blaster
LOL

I've got the TS bug. I want to finish my unfinished TS stuff and do new ones. Too many other things I have to do. Enjoy your Summer Steinie.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
DesignDevil
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by DesignDevil »

I also do a little break.

But my break is to pause the TSX developement and do some modelling and rendering stuff for a while. I also organize and update all my websites and do family stuff with my wife and the kids.
I still use TrueSpace 6.6
Link: My Youtube Channel
Link: www.DesignDevil.de - Plugins, Tutorials and more about TrueSpace 6.6
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

I remember Shared Space Community Was new and active. Without future it seems dead now. This has allowed to maintain the activity but it was obvious that it will not endure for long. maybe this is what happens with animation.
many people like to test new products. Truespace not evolve, and interest decrease. I think this kind of thread will soon be definitely dead. Without new creation, there is less wip, less post and those who really create go somewhere else. where they feel that people are interested in what they do. and I do not see a lot of animation done with other software to stop this fall in the forum. The last users of TS will be artists, not geek. They gives more importance to ideas and less on tools.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Its good to get away and develop new ideas for future projects. Me getting out on the Dirt bike in the woods has provided all kinds of new ideas and got my mind wondering about something I have been wanting to do. Who knows maybe I will mount the video cam on the bike to get some footage and use it or maybe I will just take the cam with me to get some good pics, only time will tell but either way it will be fun.
Steinie come on down and take a ride, I have two bikes and a four wheeler you can relax and enjoy some of the nature, we caught a 6 lb 27inch large mouth bass yesterday and there are plenty more in the pond.
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

One of the things I see is more of us are working on projects as well as enjoying our summer. A few of the regular posters are more often lurking.

I think we all have continued interest in TS as part of our package but lacking a clear direction on the new features front we have to prepare to add other tools to the kit.

Let's not get too disheartened because we have work to do.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

marcel wrote:I remember Shared Space Community Was new and active. Without future it seems dead now. This has allowed to maintain the activity but it was obvious that it will not endure for long. maybe this is what happens with animation.
many people like to test new products. Truespace not evolve, and interest decrease. I think this kind of thread will soon be definitely dead. Without new creation, there is less wip, less post and those who really create go somewhere else. where they feel that people are interested in what they do. and I do not see a lot of animation done with other software to stop this fall in the forum. The last users of TS will be artists, not geek. They gives more importance to ideas and less on tools.
Marcel thats a question of time and ones personal life rather then software.....basicaly also a question of priorities. In an artists life there are cycles when the people do more and some when they do less . Its not something for good its just a question of the moment.
My better half is also showing me around the house and pointing me to the things that need to be fixed.... ;) plus garden.. !
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

Yes, we all have moments that require us to stop. But not at the same time and there were always people active. it is clear that the activity decreases when we look at the average. Is there any other extension for the ANIMATION CONTEST EXTENDED POLL? Frankly, it discourages from participating the next time.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Sorry I didn't understood marcel... can you explain it again?

I should do the poll to choose the winner, but I don't have 15 min that would be the time it would take to set it.
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Marcel,
I agree with you as it is very discouraging.
We should of already voted on the animation and been onto the next contest.
Note: Maybe next time we should not extend the contest, it should be a set time length and leave it at that.