Senior Chief Petty Officer

Re: ANIMATION CONTEST 2010 / 01

Post by noko »

Awesome DD! Great stuff and loved it :bananamouse:
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Real nice work there DesignDevil! Could almost pass for a NASA flick! Great work!
noko

Post by noko »

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qc_BD979ClY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qc_BD979ClY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Never got passed the Sun and Mercury :mrgreen: . Short but had allot of fun with endeavor. Render time was around 10 minutes or so then used Magix Movie Edit Pro to make video. All trueSpace 7.61 and should be best in 720p full screen on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc_BD979ClY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by jeffroig »

I came up with one last animation for the contest.
Here it is.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PbBsPuiZeyg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PbBsPuiZeyg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

I'll ask for a little extension of this contest with all my humility and sincerity...
I start the work appx in 04/01... but I had the idea much earlier (isn't a original idea...) anyway this contest had 2 months already but I can say that for it had just 17 days. Reasons:
Holidays (took all December)
Commemorations of new year (took first few days)
Disease/flu (Took around 7 days of healing and recovering)
Convalescence (Took around 3 days after the disease, it's for me don't get sick again, so I don't effort myself physically and mentally, it means TV all day)

Now what I did:
First days (Researching for informations)
Starting (Medium speed, started the orion module, what was a mistake since it's for the final scenes)
Entering Nasa Forum (Posting and getting replies)
Getting harder, much harder than I can (Working appx 8 hours per day I get possessed by the animation, I was liking but just doing it...)
After sick recovering (Tried to put everything in the axes but since I worked for 8 hours for a week I was wanting more leisure)
Finishing (All models are ready, some aren't with the quality I want ( Due to the lack of time I did all rapidly)
Animation (Search about primal particles and start learning about the animation key frames)

This is my first animation, I did some things before but didn't earn any experience because were silly things.
I'm facing problems on the smoke creation but I think that I can solve that rapidly.

So if you can/want please extend it for more 5 days.

I could say just 2 days but then I would work like crazy and even don't reach it, and even for 5 days I can't promise anything... but here is my schedule and I tried to make things realistic, so I can do those things in a day.
1. Prepare the smoke animation
2. Camera Moves
3. Objects Moves
4. Render test (Draft anti-aliasing and in low quality, I just want to see the frames)/If something lack, more objects moves or camera moves
5. Rendering all day and all night (High quality 450x450, anti-aliasing at 3x, will try with 2 lights and in the max with 4) to then in day 6 I can post the anim and you do the poll.

Another alternative is that in the future in animations about space or free subjects I can post my animation...
You don't need to do that, I can do fine finishing it just for nothing but I would like.

Best luck for all (In case of tomorrows poll)
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
noko

Post by noko »

Wow, signs of dedication and drive! Yes doing animations can get really complicated real fast. I spen most of my time with shader work and never got to the rest :). Well if you get a reprive then I will be able to upgrade mine as well, will do so anyways so a slight delay is ok or not with me.
DesignDevil
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by DesignDevil »

Ok, ok,

the february is just a short month so that i would say i give you (and all others) time until feb. 15. This should be enough. After that the poll will run until feb 18. and the new contest starts on feb. 19. until end of march (enough time for the next one).

So, good luck :)
I still use TrueSpace 6.6
Link: My Youtube Channel
Link: www.DesignDevil.de - Plugins, Tutorials and more about TrueSpace 6.6
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

DD, you should say that there will be no more extensions after the 15th. I think that is part of what you were saying above but it should be very very clear that no more extensions will be made.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

DD,
I think what you are doing by extending the contest is very kind hearted and I have been looking forward to seeing Leon's work.
Who knows maybe I will whip up another one for the fun of it.
DesignDevil
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by DesignDevil »

No problem,

Finis - your are right - that's what i would to say ;)
I still use TrueSpace 6.6
Link: My Youtube Channel
Link: www.DesignDevil.de - Plugins, Tutorials and more about TrueSpace 6.6