ANIMATION CONTEST 2010 / 01

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Re: ANIMATION CONTEST 2010 / 01

Post by LeonRegis »

Updating my horrible situation:

I've been working around 8 hours a day (in the max 11) this is my schedule (TS Means work on the AMC): Wake, TS, Breakfast, TS, Lunch, TS, Some TV, TS, Dinner, TS, Sleep.

I'm at the moment with headaches, red eyes, pre-disease (Feeling that you will get sick, like a little fever and tiredness. I still got 8 days until to finish my models (what is little due to what I'm doing) and worst, probably I'll get sick for a few days. Also I'm impressed how I work slowly (Principally I try one way to do something and that way don't work out, so then I try again in another way and it works, at least I'm gaining experience), this is also a good experience to show me how will be stressing get a job, but then I'll win money.

I'm trying to at least make an launching scene, what will be hard (it's the hardest part of the animation, I think).

Conclusion: I'll win nothing (Maybe a cold or flu) and plus will not finish anything.

Thanks to my stupidity

Edit: I think I forgot to say that my neck is aching.
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Sounds like you are living, eating and dreaming in TS.
I have been there and done that.
I hope it all works out for you and all is good.
Looking forward to seeing some work from you.
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Ok, like I said I am not good at space scenes, I do not take much interest in them and I prefer doing characters.
Here is my animation for the contest.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e4cd8m7Tj7o&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e4cd8m7Tj7o&hl ... 0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/youtube]
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Hey not bad at all! ;)
DesignDevil
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by DesignDevil »

Hui, the first entry :) Lovely, i hope to see more.
I still use TrueSpace 6.6
Link: My Youtube Channel
Link: www.DesignDevil.de - Plugins, Tutorials and more about TrueSpace 6.6
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

I have a comment about the animation contest conditions.

1) When Caligari's website was accepting the monthly contest, there was never a theme set for the contest.

2) Never was there a condition set on which software you could or couldnt use.

3) Never was it ever set that you could not use motion capture.

By putting each of these in place allows for the following.
1) Allows the person who wins the previous contest to set what they are best at and what software they works the best in.

2) While it does challenge those such as myself in doing an animation that they would not excell in, it also keeps those from doing animations that display their given set of talents.

I can see doing a theme and saying ok this is what we want to see your animations displaying.
I dont believe in saying you can only use this certain software.
By placing limits on the software and you can or cant use motion capture just takes away from the quality of work that can be achieved.

A good example is this, while I use TS for designing in and animating specific types of objects I also use Argile for defining an object and making it look they way I want, I then import what I have designed into Poser and begin the animation process. While I am a dedicated TS user and will be for years to come, Poser allows me to express myself in ways that TS is not able to do, Poser also uses a render engine that gives it the look and feel of much higher priced software such as Maya.
We should not put a given set of rules on what software you can or can not use, that would be like saying to an artist you can only use a #2 pencil and notebook paper.
What we should be saying is you can use your special FX software and animation software of your choice.
I use Hollywood FX for special FX, this was not a given software, so to those that have particle Illusion you can use it, but to those such as myself who use other software its not accepted.

As a 3D community we should be able to embrase new software and technology and be willing to try different things.
You wont know what software does what until you see the final result and then ask the animator how this was done, what better way to learn.
I do motion capture and in the past most of us have used pre-done captured motions, due to me showing what I do with motin capture I am not going to teach a class here on motion capture and what software to use and how to use it.
DesignDevil

Post by DesignDevil »

jeffroig - you are absolutly right. BUT

I won the last challenge and i have set the rules for this contest here. If you win you can setup your own rules for the next contest. This includes the theme - or no theme, motion capturing allowed or not, which software can be used etc.pp.

EDIT: we tried to fix a setup of rules (with a few polls at the start) but the conclusion was not really acceptable so that we decided that the winner can setup the rules for the next challenge.
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

DD,
At what point in the designing of the contest rules did we set up the rule that who wins decides the next contest.
I dont remember seeing this one, all though I might have missed it.

Another subject, do you know if there has been any problems within the forum.
There used to be a folder that contained other folders that had specific user names in it such as I had a folder and Steinie did and several others. I cant find it as this is where I was planning on teaching my motion capture from.
DesignDevil

Post by DesignDevil »

jeffroig wrote:DD,
At what point in the designing of the contest rules did we set up the rule that who wins decides the next contest.
I dont remember seeing this one, all though I might have missed it.

Another subject, do you know if there has been any problems within the forum.
There used to be a folder that contained other folders that had specific user names in it such as I had a folder and Steinie did and several others. I cant find it as this is where I was planning on teaching my motion capture from.

sorry, i have no idea about that. Try to contact a admin.
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Jeff are you talking about your post inviting everybody to the Facial Tracking Classes? http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... =30&t=1110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the moment we talk about the rules, those polls wasn't used but what is in the comments, so here is: http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... f=44&t=751" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH