UV Cow

Legacy tS 6.6
WickedWitchOfTheWeb
Petty Officer Second Class

UV Cow

Post by WickedWitchOfTheWeb »

Hi

Model finished and now venturing into texturing territory. Does anyone have any tips for working with UV Cow in Model side? I've got the Bridge turned off but it, and tS, is crashing way more than it should. I last used it in 6.6 and I remember it would sometimes crash but not like this.

If anyone has any nugget of info to help I'd really appreciate hearing it! I'm getting close to re-installing 6.6 as well and using that for everything.

Thanks in advance
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: UV Cow

Post by bitkar »

I guess if you dont use Vray or stuff that only 7.6 can do... 6.6 may be still good.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
WickedWitchOfTheWeb
Petty Officer Second Class

Re: UV Cow

Post by WickedWitchOfTheWeb »

Further update as it may help others in the future: Been experimenting further and it seems that the problems only occur when the mesh being used in on a layer other than the base/basic one. Had a simple piece but UV Cow would crash without fail, taking tS with it. Changed the object to the base layer and everything works exactly as expected.

Of course, only time will tell if this was just a fluke but it worked smoothly enough for long enough to make me thing this is the answer.