tS7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.2 [AVAILABLE]

Legacy tS 6.6
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Re: tS7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.1 [AVAILABLE]

Post by Cellulo »

Thanks again trueBlue :bananacool2: , i will use your files because it's more comfortable for the user that use the modelside only, one question if i right-click the render scene icon i can still select the lightworks engine ? also i need to click the reset to context icon ? , Workspace side is not my cup of tea :) .
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Note that I updated these files so you should download the new files and yes after replacing all of the files, you need to Reset to Default Context.
This does not affect using the Lightworks render engine.
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

I made the update with the update fix2, it's work fine, but there is one thing missing it's the description tool in bottom left of the screen when the cursor fly over the icons, i have the bubble description of the icons but not the sentence.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

The Model Status Line should show once you restart trueSpace.
If not I can share a onnewscene.xml file you could add to your installer

How do you stop the MemCheck version 2.73 log?
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

trueBlue it's ok now the model status line come back at the bottom left screen when restarting trueSpace a second time after the reset to default context.

For the MemCheck version 2.73 log file (tS7_MemCheck.log), i don't understand what you say about stopping this file, in fact i never do anything about this file, i only put this file in my installer setup because i remember having some crash with trueSpace and it generate this file, it's only to have better uninstall files process by the uninstaller setup, maybe if the "tS7_MemCheck.log" file is already present in the tS folder this stop the file to be generate, normally it must be overwrited if there is a new trueSpace crash or i'm wrong.

Thanks for your fixes it's really better in the modelside now, i will make the release this week end, this will be "tS7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.1a" version.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

What is the name of the file that creates this log file?
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

I think it's the "tS7.exe" file that create the log file, in the "tS7_MemCheck.log" there is nothing about how it created itself.
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

Here some information about MemCheck "http://v.mahon.free.fr/pro/freeware/memcheck/", i think it's coded in the "tS7.exe" file for debugging.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I do not think that memcheck is incorporated into the tS7.exe as I have used trueSpace7.6 for many years and have never seen this before.
I tested replacing your tS7.exe with the Caligari original tS7.exe and the tS7_MemCheck.log file is still being created and in use.
Still can not find which file is the culprit. Thought it might be the Texture Bench scene, but I did not see anything abnormal.
I do notice that you have several duplicated files in the tS folder, that are not needed and you could save 22.4 MB of space if you remove these files from your installer.
duplicated files.png
Also notice that the scene is empty with no lights or camera.
I do not remember but I think it is because there was no truespace.tsp file? Not sure.
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

We can't do nothing about the tS7_MemCheck.log file it's updated when there is memory leak errors. I remember having some memory errors with error dialog box in trueSpace but it was under the Windows XP.

For the files with *.bak extension it was for the users that want back to the original files of trueSpac but i can delete them to win space as you say.

I already fix the problem with the default scene without lights and camera, i don't know why i modified this default scene.

About the tS7_MemCheck.log file generated automatically you can try this method (for the moment i don't test it):

1) Go here and download the program simple program debugger: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/simple_pr ... ugger.html, you can choose the 32 bit version as trueSpace is in 32bits.

2) Launch trueSpace.

3) Launch Simple program debugger (maybe in administrator mode) and catch the trueSpace executable file (tS7.exe).

4) Use trueSpace at the moment it generate the log file.

5) Check the debugging events in simple program debugger to track what files are in use and where they are writed.

This is the only way i found, maybe it's good or bad. For information i used "simple program debugger" program to fix Hexagreat 3D under Windows 10 but i failed. Simple program debugger in 64bits working bad with Hexagreat3D but the 32bits version have fixed the problem as Hexagreat is a 32bit program.