tS7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.2 [AVAILABLE]

Legacy tS 6.6
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: tS7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.1 [AVAILABLE]

Post by clintonman »

It installs just like any other version of trueSpace. He has some notes available after it is installed.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by Cellulo »

Hi trueBlue, as Clintonman say it's the same thing like any other previous version of trueSpace that i released previously, it's all-in-one setup file bundled with gameSpace, no need to run 7.6 installation in first it's already included.

After the installation, there is only the 3dlight render and dribble that need to run their setup installation for use this render.

For GameSpace it's installed in the "tS7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.1" folder at the side of "tS"folder for easy install/uninstall, and it have his own icon on the desktop and group menu for help to use it like Ms Legacy Edition, the only thing to add for gameSpace is the tsx plugins from "tS7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.1" tsx folder, it's in charge of the user to choose what plugins he want to use in gameSpace. I don't put all plugins from Ms Legacy edition in gameSpace because this grow up the size of the final installation setup and not all plugins are necessary in gameSpace due to his limitations.

Of course if you uninstall tS7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.1 from your computer this uninstall also gameSpace.

All things is explained in the "trueSpace76_MS_Legacy_Edition_V1.1.txt" file at end of the installation.
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Thank you Cellulo :)
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by the_ant »

Hi Cellulo

i'd installed all and change paths in config files where needed...but when launch GameSpace it ask me Serial Number (i don't have)..is it normal?

NB. i really don't need it but only to know if it's regular... :bananahi:
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

This happen to me one time but when i relaunch gameSpace it don't ask me the serial anymore, if you go in the help menu of gameSpace you can call the "About" dialog box windows normally you can see the serial at lower left of the image, this mean it's registered, if no and ask again the serial this mean gameSpace don't like the custom path installation of the tS MS Legacy edition, let me know if it's ok for you now.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

@ Cellulo
Finally took your tS7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.1 for a spin.
I am not able to open gameSpace either. No serial number
Can you copy the serial number in the About window?
Several of your Libraries do not have any objects or scenes.
MissingLibraryObjects.png
MissingLibraryObjects.png (9.13 KiB) Viewed 7034 times
There is a couple of issues I notice with your toolbars and layouts too.
If you Reset the Model File Menu toolbar, it will reset to the the Default toolbar because there is no prototypes saved.
If you replace these included files in your installer, it should fix them.
Attachments
Caligari trueSpace 7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.1FIX.zip
(492.5 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

Hi trueBlue, thanks for the fix :bananathumb: , i will do the update with your files after test it, i don't know if you see it but there is the Spline polygon tool for the modeler (first icon in lower right of the screen) and the new menu in top of the screen in the Workspace UI ,your update remove this tool and the new menu ? or no ?

For the gameSpace serial code i can enter the code in the serial dialog box as a text, the user only need to read and type the code in the box, in fact serials code for all old trueSpace (tS6, gS, tSi etc..) are stored in two files, in the "C:\Windows\Caligari.ini" file and "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\Caligari.ini" file, this last file is never uninstalled by the uninstaller setup, it's for this reason when i test gameSpace launch after the installation, it always found the serial code, i tought it's ok for all users using tS MS LE 1.1 but no until i found this hidden file recently. i don't know if i can make my setup to detect the user name and copy the caligari.ini file in the Users folder, i think it's better to use the first solution with the code in the serial dialog box.

Also for information all old trueSpace version share the same file (Caligari.ini) to store their serial code respectivly.

For the missing files about libraries i remember deleted some of them to win space as they are for Workspace only but i will reinsert them in the new setup file with your fix.

trueBlue for the "Toolbars.rsobj" file where i move it ?, i found "tS76 Toolbars.RsObj" file in "\tS\Rs Main Libraries\Objects - tS7.6 Update objects" folder, it's the same file ?
Last edited by Cellulo on 30 Jul 2020, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Cellulo wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 07:04 Hi trueBlue, thanks for the fix :bananathumb: , i will do the update with your files after test him, i don't know if you see it but there is the Spline polygon tool for the modeler (first icon in lower right of the screen) and the new menu in top of the screen in the Workspace UI ,your update remove this tool and the new menu ? or no ?
Yep, they are included.
default_layout.rsl in the ts folder
Toolbars.rsobj in the preobjects folder
Modelside_Edition_V2.rsl, WS_Default.rsl, and WS_Expanded.rsl in the Layouts - Configurations folder

If you are replacing these files where you installed it, you need to Reset to Default Context

Cellulo wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 07:04 For the gameSpace serial code i can enter the code in the serial dialog box as a text, the user only need to read and type the code in the box, in fact serials code for all old trueSpace (tS6, gS, tSi etc..) are stored in two files, in the "C:\Windows\Caligari.ini" file and "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\Caligari.ini" file, this last file is never uninstalled by the uninstaller setup, it's for this reason when i test gameSpace launch after the installation, it always found the serial code, i tought it's ok for all users using tS MS LE 1.1 but no until i found this hidden file recently. i don't know if i can make my setup to detect the user name and copy the caligari.ini file in the Users folder, i think it's better to use the first solution with the code in the serial dialog box.
Can you share the serial number?
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

Thanks for the explanation, i will update my files, for the serial code of gameSpace i send you a PM, soon i will make a new setup installation file for all users.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Here is another option you may or may not want to consider.
This is a Modelspace layout that does not include the Stack and Workspace toolbars.
Workspace File menu includes a Bridge button that opens the Bridge preferences in a floating panel.
Also right clicking the Model's Render Scene button opens the Vray preferences in a floating panel
ModelspaceLayout.png
Edit: Updated the file
Attachments
Caligari trueSpace 7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.1FIX2.zip
(576.46 KiB) Downloaded 203 times