Cleaning up a non TS model using object union.

Legacy tS 6.6
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Cleaning up a non TS model using object union.

Post by BNG »

I download a lot of 3d models that are of other model formats, but most if not all are heavily triangulated; TS primarily uses quads not triangles. One trick I learned quite a while back to clean up a model in the model side of TS is to add a cube to the scene, and use the object union tool to attach it to the model. This does a sweet job of converting the triangles in the model to mostly quads. Then I just delete the cube vertices and replace the model in the scene and object libraries. :mrgreen:
clintonman
Captain

Re: Cleaning up a non TS model using object union.

Post by clintonman »

I think the boolean subtract will do it too with advantage of removing the cube in one step.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Cleaning up a non TS model using object union.

Post by BNG »

clintonman wrote:I think the boolean subtract will do it too with advantage of removing the cube in one step.
Thx, I'll give it whirl. It works even better no editing is require; just remember which object to subtract LOL!

I also love using other TS tools, like mesh collapse, split hierarchy, and decompose into objects for working with models. Caligari Truespace is a most exceptional general purpose modeling tool and I'll never stop using it in favor of any other 3d modeling tool. :worship: