tSX plug-in: tSX Horn

Legacy tS 6.6
Fenerit
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

tSX plug-in: tSX Horn

Post by Fenerit »

Version 1.0. tSX to make horns/teeth/claws and such fantasy stuffs. Simplyfied the one-fold windings' direction envelope; do use the mirror tool to change it.
tSX_horn.png
Extract with path inside the "..\Tsx\" folder.
tSXHorn_1.0.zip
(15.14 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: tSX plug-in: tSX Horn

Post by Emmanuel »

Good tsx idea ! Thank you Fenerit.

Note that user must load the plugin and close trueSpace before using the plugin for the first time (at least with my Windows 8 configuration). Otherwise, trueSpace crashes if I try to use the plugin just after loading it.
Fenerit

Post by Fenerit »

Emmanuel wrote:Good tsx idea ! Thank you Fenerit.

Note that user must load the plugin and close trueSpace before using the plugin for the first time (at least with my Windows 8 configuration). Otherwise, trueSpace crashes if I try to use the plugin just after loading it.
Thanks for the feedback. Absolutely I do not have that issue in my tS 6.6 Xp32. Always bear in mind that these plug-in are developed for at least the trueSpace 6.6 version and NOT for the tS 7.x modelside. A half an idea could be that no .ini. file is shipped with the pack, since it is created at the start with values set within the MFC costructors. I know that 6.6 points to TSX folder through "..\Truespace\TSX\" path, while tS 7.x through "..\Truespace\tS\TSX\"; you could try to create a new folder named TSX inside "..\Truespace\" folder in which to place these plug-ins. Please, do tell me what happens in this case.
Fenerit

Post by Fenerit »

Please Emmanuel, do try this workaround ex-novo and tell me if it is working from start.
tSXHorn_test.zip
(14.24 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

Thanks fenerit, really cool plugin.

EDIT: for me the plugin working fine under 7.6 Modelside.
Last edited by Cellulo on 03 Nov 2015, 09:46, edited 2 times in total.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by BNG »

Thanks Fen, it seems to work okay on TS 7.61 Beta 8 model side. How are you at compiling TSX based model importers/exporters for TS? I've been looking all over the web for a Softimage XSI import and/or export. Currently, I've been exporting X models out of TS to another application called 3d Exploration to convert the X to an older version 1.5 of XSI. The format is a simple ASCII text based file write out, but it's not optimized like the original 1.5 version released by Softimage itself. Leroy
Fenerit

Post by Fenerit »

Hi Leroy: actually I'm sick in those matters, expecially in the XSI case, since I never have had it. Currently I'm exploring the FreeCAD features, which seems to allows the program to be used like a "library" of its own for others 2D/3D packages through the underlying Python scripting language.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

great to see new tsx after years of dark trying to get the best out of the old plugins not even for tS7 or 6.6

thank you.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

Fenerit wrote:Please Emmanuel, do try this workaround ex-novo and tell me if it is working from start.
tSXHorn_test.zip
Same issue : trueSpace crashes if the tsx is ran just after loading. I tested in tS6.6 also. Same thing.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Fenerit wrote:Hi Leroy: actually I'm sick in those matters, expecially in the XSI case, since I never have had it. Currently I'm exploring the FreeCAD features, which seems to allows the program to be used like a "library" of its own for others 2D/3D packages through the underlying Python scripting language.
Sounds like it could be a good option. How's the UI? I love simple and if it could still be used with TS that would be awesome. Softimage will be missed by many and I liked it far better then Max, but even SI was far more complex then TS ever was.