Which side of TS is easiest to work with bones?

Legacy tS 6.6
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Which side of TS is easiest to work with bones?

Post by BNG »

I'm most familiar with the model side but even it is somewhat hard to manipulate bones in TS. I can't seem to use them with much control though. I've used the build skeleton in some objects but always get lost when trying to position the bones and joints within the object itself. I'm trying to do a morph type manipulation to deform the object itself but I get lost when I think I'm got them positioned correctly only to have the nail interfere with deforming of a symmetrical left and right deformation of the object that the skeleton that it's attached to. Can the nail be deleted or is there another way to key frame things to make symmetrical deformation a bit easier. The object itself represents a space ship where the left and right sides would expand and retract to form morphing type wings? Thanks, Leroy.
seppgirty
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Which side of TS is easiest to work with bones?

Post by seppgirty »

When i position bones i always have it set to 4 view and wire frame mode. Easier to keep track of things.

Use joint master plugin to move the bones.
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

You should use the Motion Studio plugin (Modeler side) rather than trueSpace's native bones.

It is easier to set up, to manipulate, and more reliable at saving ;)

See DD's tutorials : http://www.designdevil.de/index.php?menu=tutorials" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by Cellulo »

One thing MotionStudio animations can't be exported for games engine, it's only to render animation, if you want to export for games you need to use trueSpace native animation tool with his plugns.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Thanks guys I'll give these a try. I like the bone system in TS but working with them can be quite frustrating at times. I've used the attach object tool with some success for human type figures using rounded cylinders for leg and arm parts and the rounded cube for the upper torso part as well. Leroy.