tS 6.6 in Windows 10

Legacy tS 6.6
Moonman
Petty Officer First Class
Type the number ten into the box: 0

tS 6.6 in Windows 10

Post by Moonman »

Opened tS 6.6 in Windows 10 after upgrade. Looks like all is well.

:bananacool2:
Draise
Captain

Re: tS 6.6 in Windows 10

Post by Draise »

Ah yes, been working in TS with W10 for a while now, well the tech preview. No issues.

Only one I've found is when TS crashes, and you attempt to save the crashed scene - then load it.. it says it's an older format that won't open.
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

So far no issues with me and Windows 10.
btw Welcome back Moonman!!! :bananathumb:
Moonman
Petty Officer First Class

Post by Moonman »

Steinie wrote:...btw Welcome back Moonman!!! :bananathumb:

Thanks! I do stop by now and then. :bananahi:
SWAMPNAR
Marine
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by SWAMPNAR »

Loaded Ts 7.6 on notebook with Windows 10. For the most part it appears to function normally, however I noticed that there are problems with assigning colors to the materials editor and applying them to the objects. The editor window does not seem to reflect the changes in the color but the object will render in the assigned color. Also I noticed that moving objects in the work space seems to be rather unsteady. Win 10, i7 processor and Nvidia Geforce graphics. Anybody else having these issues?
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

I use tS 7.61 on W10 and have had only minor graphic issues - like on lack of use with standby, the Direct 3D viewport will fail, but then you reset your Hardware settings in trueSpace and re-open the 3D viewport and it works fine again. This was also true of 8.1.

Unstable movement of objects? Are you using a stylus perhaps? You can only use it in mouse mode - pen mode stylus doesn't work so well... I found. Are you sure grid snapping is off? (it slides then snaps, slides then snaps by default)

If you are using the Model Space, the graphics is Open GL, an an old version. It could use Direct X, but that would be an old version too. Sometimes it's deprecated on some cards - specially new ones. It is best to work with the Work Space on more modern machines (Direct X 9 - handles more polygons than Blender, lol).

Concerning the material editor in the Model Space side, it is render based so the viewport won't reflect the shader. The only representation of the material editor to viewport would be in the Workspace side.