tS76 Modelside Edition V2.0 [OUTDATED]

Legacy tS 6.6
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Re: tS76 Modelside Edition V2.0 [AVAILABLE]

Post by Cellulo »

Hi the_ant, before to release for everyone this release i have checked all files with the Avira Antivirus program, only found one problem it's with the setup installation file of 3DLight render, but it's false alarm, maybe for you it's same.

"tS7.exe" file is the original file of Caligari but with the Memory patch apply on it, no other thing added. I think for your case it's false alarm, today antivirus programs are very accurate and can detect possible false virus, you are the first to report this problem because i don't have this problem when i have released the first version of the modelside, in fact the "ts7.exe" file V2 version it's the same file of V1 version and people report no antivirus problems.

If you have fear for your PC you can delete "tS7.exe" file and use the original Caligari file, to do this just rename the "tS7.bak" file in "tS7.exe", you only lost the increase memory usage from the patch. I hope your problem it's fixed.

I have retry a test on my pc and it detect nothing on the whole tS folder a part 3Dlight setup file.

EDIT: i see in your screenshot that you have the 4gb memory patch, you can try to make the patch yourself on the "tS7.exe" original caligari file like i do myself, and relaunch your antivirus on the file, have you detect a problem with the original file "tS7.exe" ?
FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by FHembree »

Just downloaded ts76 Modelside Edition V2.0 and installed it.
You have a done an excellent job and I must say I am impressed with the changes and the organization of plugins. :D

Only had one problem and that was the install hanged on installing Visual Studio 2013 redistributable files. I waited a long
time but I'm sure it froze up because I could not move the installation menu. Even so after alt-Ctr-del and rebooting TS seems to be working
correctly.

I decided to just go to Microsoft and download the 2015 version of Visual Studio (is case I needed it). It took about 2 hours to download and install as I have
a slow internet connection and I think total file size is about 1.5 gigabytes.
Attachments
76Modelside.jpg
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

Hi FHembree, Visual studio 2013 is needed for some plugins, at the end the setup installation install the VS2005, VS2013 and Directx web and after reboot the PC to finalize the whole installation, i have tested the setup installation on Windows XP,7,8,10 many times when i make the V2 for testing and i never have this problem, sorry i can't reproduce this problem on my pc.

What is your OS spec ?
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by the_ant »

Hi Cellulo and thank you very much for immediat answer...i will try your solution as soon as possible..certanly not tonight :D ...'cos tonight is the last 2015 night...

wish you (and all tSpace's fans)an Happy (3D) New Year!!!!
:bananadrum: :bananaguitar: :bananahi:
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by the_ant »

Hi Cellulo
your solution works fine ( old ts7.exe succesfully patched ) .. and now your tS76 MSide Ed.2 run perfectly on my PC without any malware alert!!!

Thanks a lot!!!
:bananacheers:
Oddscar
Marine
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: tS76 Modelside Edition V1.0

Post by Oddscar »

Cellulo wrote:I have already make the trueSpace 7.61 standalone version all in one setup installatio (in beta) with all clinton's plugins updated,unofficial updates etc.. but i have problem to upload the file on my homepage because filezilla crash all time.
Hi "Cellulo"...

I read that you were having problems uploading your "trueSpace 7.61 standalone version all in one setup installation"; I wonder if that was for reasons of file size restrictions; I suggest you to try http://www.ulozto.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that website is an oasis of information resources; there I have uploaded some archives that contain most of the tS v7.6 download files posted at the original Caligari trueSpace website; those archives contain material that should be useful in the forums where you participate.

You can find one of those archives here:

http://www.ulozto.net/hledej?q=Caligari+trueSpace+7.6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am a scientist, in my work I have to handle a wide diversity of software, thereof I've had the opportunity of experiencing first hand, their features, virtues and ventures. I can with all certainty affirm that Caligari trueSpace is one of best achievements of software development in its field; for that and other reasons, trueSpace should receive all the prioritized attention and continuity that was necessary to preserve it and further develop it.

In all the areas of knowledge, the best achievements have been preserved through a consistently permanent use, maintenance and development; all that is everybody's responsibility. In the case of trueSpace, that has been accomplished thanks to the committed interest and passion of those who have participated in the creation and preservation of this fine software; but by itself trueSpace has had all the opportunities to prove the potential and the validity of its case's statements, its consistency, its serviceability; its sustainability and its socioeconomic value, all of which explain its prevalence over the unfortunate events that conspired against its commercial success. To the light of today's developments, with so many excellent programs in this software field, we can readily envision a great future for trueSpace. The current trends of this field have created the circumstantial opportunities for the return of trueSpace; those unfortunate events didn't kill trueSpace, they only prove its real value through the response and support of those who have used it, all that only made it stronger. It is time to supersede the effect of those events; the trueSpace Project is alive and must be reinstated at a worldwide scale, openly available to everybody.
Those who have been able to understand the value of trueSpace from the inside are the most qualified to continue the project of trueSpace and reinstate it in the lives, the skills, the productivity and the enjoyment of the present and the future generations.

The creativity, the talent, the efforts and the resources that have delivered and maintained trueSpace alive and kicking, have paid for their right of taking truespace to posterity; A trueSpace Open Source Project will accomplish this goal; this is a challenge for those who today are keeping trueSpace afloat and a great opportunity for many developers all over the world. The same forums where trueSpace has been preserved alive and evolving are the best startup for the formation, the organization and the implementation of this project; the Blender Project is, among many other projects, a fine example of the feasibility of this initiative.

"The highway to our future is paved with every one of our achievements, we cannot afford the loss of any of them"
Oddities Studio

So???... :bananathumb:

P.S.
Please help this initiative to grow in the minds and will of the entire trueSpace fans community, it all is in their hands...

Thanks
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

Hi Oddscar, thanks for your interest in trueSpace but you show me a old topic that i have writed in April 5 2015, since this date, i don't have updated the setup installation of tS 7.61 standalone, and also since this date some plugins are new or updated for tS 7.61 (Workspace), i think it's better for you to grab everything from the forum related to tS 7.61 and make your own trueSpace 7.61 (Workspace) like i do myself with the trueSpace 7.6 Modelside Edition 2.0 that i have shared with the community at the end of 2015 year.

I know the better solution is to have the full source code of trueSpace but this is the property of Microsoft, if he don't want share the source code, we can't update and fix trueSpace, we can only update the last iteration of trueSpace ourselves, if i have time in the futur to make a new setup all in one for trueSpace 7.61 Workspace, sure i do it but for the moment i'm working on the Modelside Edition 2.1 version, it's long task.

As the trueSpace development is stopped for a long time now, it's better for you to see a replacement of trueSpace and actually the best is Blender, always updated and fixed, it can handle the last technology in terms of OS and GPU card.
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: tS76 Modelside Edition V1.0

Post by Emmanuel »

Welcome on the forum Oddscar.

Everyone here is sharing the same dream of a trueSpace rebirth. But that's probably just a dream, because even if we had the source code in our hands, I doubt a developper could take it up to the industry standards : Regarding the Modeler, some parts of the code are VERY old and badly written ; it was a nightmare -even of the trueSpace developpement team- to bring new features or even fix bugs.
There is still room for plugins though, and as long as the core software does the job -and it does-, I belive many of trueSpace weaknesses can be fixed with the use of dedicated tools.
After all, this is the real story of trueSpace : a simple tool, powered up with thousands of third party tools.

So, let's join the tSx developpers, and start building new plugins !
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

If we 'll see Microsoft release the source code of trueSpace in the futur that's will be a cool thing but a big problem appear, it's the render engine because the render engine of trueSpace is the lightworks 7.4 (for the modelside) and it's the property of https://www.lightworkdesign.com/, i think they don't want share the source code of their render engine with the source code of trueSpace, this was a deal with Caligari when shipped trueSpace copies for customers, also this mean all shaders and plugins that use the lightworks engine are obsolete and non functionnal, we lost all this cool stuff forever if we can include a new rendering engine like Cycles, we need to rewrite all this part of trueSpace to handle the new materials features, lighting and more.
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

The new upcoming "tS76 Modelside Edition V2.1" version is in this new topic:

http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... =43&t=5111