What do YOU use Truparticles for?

Legacy tS 6.6
Engelskrieger79
Petty Officer First Class
Type the number ten into the box: 9

What do YOU use Truparticles for?

Post by Engelskrieger79 »

Just startet with Truespace 7.61 / 6.6 a few weeks ago after some years of abstinence... I was quite happy to find that truparticles is integrated... BUT..

I have not much Ideas what do use it for...

So what (and how) Do you use it for? :) Tutorials are welcome - as well as images or just a small explanation :)

Cheers,

R.
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Re: What do YOU use Truparticles for?

Post by spacekdet »

Prodigy's 'Grass' tutorial using trueParticles:

http://www.spacekdet.com/tutorials//ProdPPGrassTut/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's just enough to 'get your feet wet'.

Of course it's also good for producing animations.
Been a while since I fired it up so that's all the tips I have.
Engelskrieger79

I know that tutorial... I was looking for many diffrent ideas in general... - and maybe more the the usual "shot polygons" out into the world :)

Lg,

R.
Prodigy
Site Admin
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Prodigy »

Well you can use trueparticles to make water spray (using metaballs), explosions, smoke etc.. saaaaad that tp is not on workspace side :cry:
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

I open a topic named "brain plugin" to show One of trick i use with the particles on model side.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
Engelskrieger79

Quite cool Idea to create (still image) Hair with it...

My Problems with Explosion and smoke is, that there is no way to FADE OUT the particles (onlieto make them smaler)... :-|

R:
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

From the fx research I have been doing most explosions are an accumulation of special effects. One suggestion would be to have different emitters emitting different particles at different times.

I think you can also play with the transparency of the particles ....

Have a look for primal particles as well... I think you can find it on Design Devil's site... http://www.designdevil.de/index.php?menu=plugins
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

Engelskrieger79 wrote:Quite cool Idea to create (still image) Hair with it...

My Problems with Explosion and smoke is, that there is no way to FADE OUT the particles (onlieto make them smaler)... :-|

R:
Yes it is possible to fade out the particles with the material animation. Change the transparency from star to end. The particles will gradually fade. (the fade option of trueparticles is to change only the size but you can also combine it with the real fade of the material animation).
Attachments
fade.jpg
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
Engelskrieger79

Yes it is possible to fade out the particles with the material animation. Change the transparency from star to end. The particles will gradually fade. (the fade option of trueparticles is to change only the size but you can also combine it with the real fade of the material animation).
I know, but the Problem is, that this will fade out the whole system. I hoped for a way to fade "older" Particles out, like it is possible in Primal Particles FX - Which I use and like very much -but would like to replace in some scenes with truparticles, as it can use physics, is reflected and benefits from antialiasing...

R:
Breech Block
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Breech Block »

I used to use trueparticles quite a lot. Previous examples would be for air bubbles in my Thunderbird 4 image, smoke trails and explosions in my Future Fighter project and more recently as the sparks on a fuse for a "Mission Impossible" type intro. I also found that the more and more I used it, the more I found clever ways of dealing with its shortfalls. As v3rd3 has already mentioned, the best effects are acheived with multiple emitters. For example, if i were generating a smoke column, I might have 1 emitter producing the thick, black oily smoke at the base, and another emitter just behind it producing the thin wispy smoke at the top and the two lifespans overlapping.

In addition, you can control certain aspects of the particle depending on its distance from the emitter, so this may allow you to deal with your problem concerning "older" particles as in general, the older the particle the further it tends to be away from the emmiter.

HTH.