VRML 2.0 plugin or importer?

Legacy tS 6.6
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: VRML 2.0 plugin or importer?

Post by BNG »

Galane wrote:Can it open VRML 2.0 then save to VRML 1.0?
It can write to both 1 and 2 and import both as well. It's an older 1.5.5. version of 3D Exploration. I found it originally for use with an older XSI version 1 model converter and find it an invaluable conversion tool for working with ancient model formats. There a link some where on my TS modding forum, or you can visit http://www.bzscrap.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; under BZ 2 utilities. It also imports COB and SCN model files and converts other model files to COB as well as a ton of older model formats. I love it and you should get it as it sounds like a modding tool that'll help you get it done. Cheers.
Galane
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Galane »

That works perfect for converting VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0. What about the newer versions of 3D Exploration?
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Galane wrote:That works perfect for converting VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0. What about the newer versions of 3D Exploration?
Possibly, but I suspect that support would be very minimal as the format is pretty outdated. I believe the program is now called Deep Exploration and is quite costly for people who typically work with older formats like me and you. Check to see if there's a demo version and let me know if it's any good for VRML model files otherwise I would just suggest using the older free version if it is of any use to your needs.

PS: I have a key generator to unlock the full version of 1.5.5. hosted on my modeling forum. It only works on 1.5.5., but it will allow you to convert animated models with more then 8 keysframes to other modeling formats as well. I work primarily with X and XSI models, but 3DEX can convert a ton of other popular formats. Cheers.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Galane wrote:Any way to convert 2.0 to 1.0 or extract the model data to some format tS can import?
Another option might be to use 3D Exploration to convert VRML 2.0 to 1.0. I use an older free 3DEX version 1.5.5 and it seems to convert files pretty good. Here's a web link to several free 3DEX versions> http://www.bzscrap.org/downloads/Utilities/BZ2/3De/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Galane wrote:Any way to convert 2.0 to 1.0 or extract the model data to some format tS can import?
Update: Earlier versions of 3d Exploration have an option to convert between 1 and 2 as I recall. Version 1 can be imported into Truespace version 1 and up. It can also convert back and forth to COB, 3ds, OBL, X and I believe LWO.