dribble released to the community

SiW
Petty Officer Third Class

Re: Letter from the founder (of coolpowers)

Post by SiW »

Okay, so time for a slightly less.. eccentric post on the subject.

I am giving over dribble to the trueSpace community in the hopes that it can be maintained and improved upon by the community and for the community. I am not ruling out any further development by myself, but I really do hope you guys take the reins.
Steinie wrote:If Development continues will that person or group be allowed to sell?
Ehhhh.. I would expect the community to work this out themselves. I'd be a bit miffed if someone made a few fixes and then asked for money before giving it out, but I'm sure nobody would want to buy it if that were the case. But if someone spends months on some great Workspace integration? I wouldn't mind if people wanted to pay for it, even if that's not really what I had in mind from releasing this. Besides, my donation button will always be there if anyone thinks I should be getting something for my work ;)
nigec wrote:I've only had it a month, financially it would be a bit of a bummer to have to buy it again
I always worry when I do something like this that anybody who bought it is going to be pissed off, so I do hope you know that you are the people who are making this possible, as well as one of the main reasons behind the decision - I'm hoping that the product will be improved for you in ways that I can't.
Burnart

Re: dribble released to the community

Post by Burnart »

Thank you Simon for the work you have done on this. With 3Delight under constant development it must be a problem for one person to keep up with the changes to shaders etc let alone develop better integration with tS (for workspace maybe hint hint to any who are looking at taking the coding of dribble on. ;) )

For any long time tS user who didn't buy dribble previously - shame on you! It really is a marvelous tool and wasn't that expensive. I think the best render I remember seeing that I know was done with it was transients chocolates. (Is that around here somewhere, transient?)

Perhaps with or without further development we will see more dribble wonders. Best wishes for future endeavors SiW
Benji
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Benji »

Yep, I'm still here (rejoice! heh heh). Anyway, here is that image. I've got more coming, but that's been the case for six+ months. Once I finish off my IT bridging course, I'll get around to finishing them, hopefully. I've also got a few Shade images I want to get done.
Chocolates.jpg
LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

OW Benji, just amazing :superbanana:

Cya
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
Burnart

Post by Burnart »

Thats the one! So benji = transient or was I wrong about who did it?

Is it just my imagination but does the item with a tS logo disappearing on the lefthand side look more like a little block of foil wrapped cheese than a chocolate!? :lol: 3Delight/dribble does a great job of dof and its quick with it - faster than anything else I've used.

As far as not getting any rendering done - I completely understand. My spare time has been so tied up with other things and 3d so time consuming I haven't done anything except fiddle for months. My big frustration really is that my ideas are always way beyond my ability to tackle them............ oh well nothing ventured nothing gained. I should start doing a project at work during lunchtimes. Start with a bit of modeling and see how it goes.

Look forward to seeing some new stuff from you when it arrives benji.
Benji
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Benji »

No, same guy, just a different name for this forum.

@Leon - thanks!
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Transient? :worship: :worship: :worship:
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

Champagne for yours chocolates! :bananahi:
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr