Hunting for freebies

RAYMAN
Captain

Hunting for freebies

Post by RAYMAN »

Screenshot_1.jpg
Well long story short...I came to a point where my primary harddrive was full.. and funny enough the desktop was empty!🤣🙄
So instead of hunting the Internet for stuff I hunted my internal Files.. and I came up with apart from movies I edited.. that crashed and dumped my c driver.. a massive amount of stuff I never new I had! :mrgreen:
Gels.. Hdrs...models.. all nicely hidden in subfolders!
Daz yeah one of those great companies that give away terrabyts of freebies that one can even use commercialy!
Well every Software can use those...! Gels...ies values.. hdrs.... in case of Bryce hidden tutorials on how to use it for making Hdris for Blender etc!
You name it ist on your drive! Give your Computer a thorough cleaning and you will know how your wife feels in her shoe closet!🤣
Here is a quick test I made.. and yes even some TS textures can be made Into something more seamless and better with a few minutes of work!
asa.jpg
RAYMAN
Captain

Re: Hunting for freebies

Post by RAYMAN »

Here I made a quick gelstage.. nothing fancy..any software can
5.jpg
be used for that...but also any spotlight can be made into a projector for gels and fog..!
12.jpg
10.jpg
15.jpg
5.jpg
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

TEST2a.jpg
TEST.jpg
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Truespace texture that repeats.. and here a result after 10 minutes of easy works..!😉
17.jpg
sphere1aaaaa.jpg
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Some quite funny models that I found and hdr is render in Bryce....which then is loaded into other app .the ships are procedurally rusted away by a procedural alpha shader...!😁
Haven fin1 web.jpg
Krowbarh
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Krowbarh »

Hey Yeah...This is a good mantra...

That is to look on your HDDs...I have looked online for stuff I already HAD! I can admit that here 'cause I don't KNOW anybody here...

However MANY YEARS ago I started burning everything to disc as I had lost quite a bit in external HDD failures 2x...So I have to rubberband discs together with what is inside markered on the sleeve & put into 'like-minded' other rubberbanded discs in same bin...EMF-EMP safe this way as well

So if the ENTIRE WORLD gets destroyed...My discs will be fine...WORTHLESS THEN, but fine...