Cloud computing

marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Cloud computing

Post by marcel »

Rayman:"As long as the people lived there was force and counterforce "
abuse too often leads to conflict between users and producers. In France we still grumble. :mrgreen: It's in our culture, but it often improves things. Even if it is not always understood outside because many think "money" in first. Result: we have a broadband internet connection + hd tv + phone unlimited for less than 30 €. Now we begin to grumble to have mobil phone unlimited in additional for the same price. :lol:
I think in a few years having an internet connection going to become a right established in the french law because it become a vital need like food. It means that if you have no money, you could have a free connection. Everyone has the right to walk on the road even if he can't buy anything. Even if it does not mean where he go. that is a good start for a cloud model.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

marcel wrote: In France we still grumble.
I spent 20 % of my life in France mainly "dans le midi " I know what you want to say.
The French aren´t that much different from the Austrians in mentality....
I honestly dont expect those great changes in the next couple of years.
Yes everything will be faster ......
But so great changes in society i doubt it ..
It will take longer for the society to turn upside down
The last couple of years was the greater change... from analog to digital and the upcoming of the internet and
affordable 3d technology..... music as mp3 files....
affordable High definition television technology....
thatr was a big leap we made ! ;)
Comparable to the industrial revolution in 1900
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

with the industrial revolution in 1900 we had 2 world war! hope we are in the good way now.
ps: where in the midi ?
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Juan les pins pres de Cannes ..... ..et en plus a Arles (Camargue)....et au lycee Estienne dÓrves a Nice...
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

Beautiful region. I do not know Australia but is a country attractive, wild and modern at the same time. :)
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Marcel no not Australia ... Austria .. Autriche!
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

Oups! sorry. Problem of cloud when we discuss with several people without know where there are from. :)
GraySho
Petty Officer Second Class

Post by GraySho »

Once and for all: :mrgreen:
Attachments
NoKangaroos.gif
NoKangaroos.gif (20.5 KiB) Viewed 4644 times
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Well i wouldnt be sure about that ! :mrgreen:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4813976.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.austrianews.co.uk/2006/10/12 ... australia/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol:
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Cloud computing is certainly a daunting topic for many and it is good to see such a diversity of input to the subject.

Ultimately cloud computing as a method of distributing computing power will offer tremendous flexibility and the concept of demand availability will be realized. Whether this is desirable to all is really not an issue for the business and government entities that will drive it. It is yet another step in the direction of nirvana for large corporate entities that want what they want when they want it. These entities, being entirely cost driven, only want to pay for what they use. Cloud computing satisfies both basic criteria ... potentially unlimited supply of computing power when needed and a usage based cost model that can be used to download costs to smaller entities.

Corporate consolidation will create the single source of software... or some form of holy trinity ... Autodesk gobbling up the 3d market is just a recent example of how these trends will continue. If you remember James Caan in Rollerball the world was run by corporations. I think this will be the future for our children. Perhaps governments will soon have the relevance of monarchies ... official placeholders of public spirit. I can just read the headlines in my mind.... "Worker Emancipation Act now sponsored by Coca-Cola"... oh well.... or was that "Orwell".... I digress.

The privacy concerns created by this kind of environment are warranted if you fear big brother. But, you are already too late. Big brother owns the table and knows who you are and what you like. It may not be an accurate picture but someone analyzing your credit card transactions already knows that Seven Eleven will sell more beer if they stack beer beside the baby diapers. It's not personal but it is you as part of the throng of consumers. And each of us as part of the throng is our relevance to economy.

BTW we are creating the need for these changes since we became the Walmart generation. Consumers have proven to business that they do not concern themselves with their own jobs as long as they can buy stuff cheap. The middle class and the economically challenged have already proven they like paying the freight for the wealthy... we do it every day without complaint...

Interesting thread... thanks again Marcel...