truespace help required

savarin
Seaman Recruit
Type the number ten into the box: 10

truespace help required

Post by savarin »

Hello, I have been using truespace 3.2 since it came out even in windows 10.
Because I have been using it so long I don't really have to think when using it
I use it mainly for design work for fabrication. (metal and wood)
I last used it 8 days ago and since then win10 has upgraded again and now TS 3.2 refuses to load.
So I tried out 7.6 (dont like it but whatever)
It loads but I cannot close it down without going to task manager.
Anyone any ideas of what I can do?
Thanks.
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: truespace help required

Post by bitkar »

like neither menu exit nor window X button works?? does it say something?
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer

Post by the_ant »

Same problem of Savarin....after Exit command (with all versions) sometimes it remains on memory.

The solution by now is go to taskmanager and kill tSpace otherwise it absorbs exagerate CPU resources.

When it happens can ear my ASUS 17 X750J CPU fan go up and very loud... :roll:
Attachments
2020-08-10 tSp CelluloL11 after off.jpg
savarin
Seaman Recruit

Post by savarin »

TS 3.2 starts to load, it asks if I want to allow it to make changes to my system, I click yes, it thinks a bit, the curser has a little circle on it then nothing happens. Nothing shows up in task manager but if I shut the system down then it states I should close TS down first.
I dont know what menu exit is, I assume the window X is the X in the top left corner of all windows? In TS 7.6 there isnt one.
I use classic shell that has worked with no problems as I detest the standard win 10 interface.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Win 10
Feature update v 2004
No Classic Shell crap :roll:
trueSpace7.6
Opens in 8 seconds
Exit from File menu, 6 seconds
No problems here :D
tS76 File menu Exit.png
tS76 File menu Exit.png (22.53 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
savarin
Seaman Recruit

Post by savarin »

I believe one problem has been solved, I re-installed the original 7.6.
All the window frames are there and it opens and closes with no problems.
Its a long learning curve to go from 3.2 to this but we will see what happens.
FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by FHembree »

I think wierd things do happen with software every now and then and no one knows why. I just started TS761 after not using it for a few days and have had no problems, but this time on starting TS761 a popup appeared, saying "C:\users\fred\AppData\Local\Temp\TempLibraryFiles" for library could not be created.
TempLibraryFiles.jpg
TempLibraryFiles.jpg (13.39 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
I clicked ok to continue and TS loaded but when I exited a pop up appeared saying that TS had stopped working. I clicked ok to Close TS program.
TS_Stopped.jpg
TS_Stopped.jpg (17.31 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
I checked my C:\ drive and saw that there was a "C:\users\fred\AppData\Local\Temp\TempLibraryFiles" folder. So what was wrong? :shock: :shock:
I stared TS again and I think it was ok on the second time. So I again checked my c:\ drive again to look for the "TempLibraryFiles" folder after I exited TS the second time, and Guess What?
Now there was no longer a "TempLibraryFiles". So that meant for some reason when I exited TS a few days ago, it did not remove the "TempLibraryFiles". I know Windows 10 did do a big update last week and I thought it was probably the Windows 10 update. But no, it was some unknown glitch. :?

I have settings menu to prompt on exit, but I do not get a prompt even thought changes have been made, but that's ok because TS does save the changes. :D
FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by FHembree »

This doesn't help with your problem, but its kind 'a related to my post below about computer glitches. I've had Wins-10 now for about 3 months and have had no problems until today. I had just booted my computer and had just finished checking my email and I got an update that popped up from my free AVG antivirus software that just did an update and was explaining the new improvements' and glorious features and that I should reboot/restart my computer now. I thought OK, why not. :D
I did and guess what. It wouldn't boot and I got the Blue Screen of Death: Saying "Stop Code: Inaccessible Boot Device". I think it rebooted a couple of times and finally came up with a screen shown below with some options.
Blue_Screen_9-21-2020.jpg
1. I selected Start Up repair a few times. With no success.
2. I selected system restore and it Prompted me for my Administrator password. I tried my PIN that Microsoft recommended me to change to, instead of my original administrator password I had been using but it said, SORRY, incorrect password. OK, next I tried my original administrator password I was using before using the PIN. Again, SORRY, incorrect password. The Prompt had my windows logon on name but also showed my email address that had nothing to do with my windows login, so I thought maybe I should try my email password even though that seemed strange to me. But that didn't work either.
I was about out of options when I remembered I had a Microsoft account and a password I had written down SOMEWHERE. So I tried that and it worked. THANKS MICROSOFT FOR MAKING THIS SO,SO EASY :lol: :lol: :lol:
Once the restore was completed I IMMEDIATELY DELETED AVG antivirus, and my paid AVG Tune-Up software or I should say I tried and could NOT.
So again I had to go searching the internet and try to find a way to delete AVG antivirus. I was lucky and successful in finding a program called AVGclear from somebody who had experienced the same problem. Its a good thing that I did not let AVG-Tune up software delete my backup restore points as It keep prompting me to do the clear up a few mega-byes of space or I would be reinstalling windows-10 :roll:

:superbanana: :superbanana:
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer

Post by the_ant »

Killed it one more time after Exit.....Again and again.... :bananasad:
Attachments
2020-09-22_ tSp761b8 UnoffUpd after exit.jpg
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

the_ant wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 12:36 Killed it one more time after Exit.....Again and again.... :bananasad:
Question is, why is it running in the Background?
Look in the Startup tab
Do you have it setup to run on Startup?
Which trueSpace version are you using?

I have setup all of my trueSpace programs to run in compatibility mode using Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)
This is what the Run compatibility troubleshooter recommended.
Run compatibility troubleshooter.png
Run compatibility troubleshooter.png (18.3 KiB) Viewed 3247 times