Dreams

Saul
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Dreams

Post by Saul »

I wonder if this is the sort of thing Roman Ormandy had in mind when he created the 'immersive interface' that is trueSpace:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTYkwLhVFVw
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Dreams

Post by Finis »

Interesting. That does seem more "immersive" than traditional interfaces.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

NO! When Roman left 6.6 he had something pretty different in mind!
That brought Andy Kai and myself in total rejection of Truespace! Andy left for C4D and well ..I left more or less for Moi 3d and Vue!
Reason was that he sold neural technology to Microsoft!
Thats the baseline of it!
TS 7 was just a step into that direction!
The part that was interesting for Microsoft was the hooking together of PCs worldwide...which TS did with
shared spaces! MS and Facebook use artificial inteligence based upon that basetechnology!
Roman has his own company again now...Embody Corporation
which stresses that technology even furrher with linking the human reations with the net!
He stresses that the outcome of technology and the data deriving from the interfaces remain with the user but
since the patriot act NOTHING stays with the user!
Thats not Romans fault..but thats how IT works in the states!
Long gone the nice times of TS 6 as an artists tool which leaves some of us..and Andi was his loudest critics..but also look at 3D world one of the biggest pushers of TS in media back sorryfull of how everything turned out!
Quite bitter to be honest! A reason why I love Blender!
Its so anti authoritarian!😞
No I dont look back that joyfull to be honest..and If you look into China an Orwellian nightmare!😐
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

what the Embody does looks very scary, would never want such product, that is trying to copy my personality and thinking...

btw: from "about him":
Caligari flagship product, 3D authoring software trueSpace was the first integrated 3D tool for Windows. It evolved over time into avatar based, VR online collaboration and was acquired by Microsoft in 2008
What kind of bullshit sentence is that?
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Saul
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Saul »

I wonder if Roman Ormandy keeps abreast of tS development, the work clintonMan and trueBlue have been doing to progress his 'integrated 3D tool for Windows'
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Nope doubt that very much!
He earned some money with the technology and moved
on! I even doubt that TS 7 is made for 32 bit code!
It was planned for 64 and is one of the few that could handle all cores that you can throw at it!
No Roman knew that the time for 3d art softwarehouses
was over back then!
TS7 was planned for a different reason..but...it has some power..to it! Its just not a userfriendly version for artists like TS 6.6 or modelside was!
Lots of projects dropped out back then!
Even one of the most promising....Softimage with ICE tech was abandoned for Max and Maya....!
Carrara.... Bryce....Amapi.....even Hexagon was orphaned..so was more or less Poser..which is a niche product and overtaken by the free Daz Studio...!
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

We could invite him in and ask him but I'm not sure he'd feel welcome after reading some of these replies...
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

spacekdet wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 19:11 We could invite him in and ask him but I'm not sure he'd feel welcome after reading some of these replies...
I did! But not this thread. :(
K Mart sucks!
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Technology is not a problem ..until politics gets hold of it! So its not Roman who isnt wellcome..its politics that abuses technology!
Not only in the states!
Roman knew that!...we were honest to him in 2004!
Its not realy a new thing to him that there were 2 groups back then in 2004!
(You dont know how hard Andy tried to change the direction TS was heading to....envisioning more like something we have today in Blender)
Those that wanted TS to continue like TS 6 was with new tools and a better implementation of a global illumination solution..and b .....a link editor like VR enviroment like TS7 turned out to be!
Thats not personal..its just a question of personal interest!
Putting on some goggles and collecting data for other people to sell your personality isnt my cup of tea either!
I quit Facebook for that reason..so that has nothing to do with Roman or anybody else that is involved with TS
but has a lot to do with how the western world and your personal rights in a western world have changed!
Even more so because I realy love to do 3d and am not
afraid of the future nor of technology!
We just dont want to see a George Orwell type world!
Chinas way ....and personal rights there are a very bad example and a nightmare!
When in a personal email I pointed that out to Andy back then in 2004 he sent me back a link ..saying well if I dont like where things are heading to...that is realy frightening...:
https://youtu.be/pcAyd6LokWo