marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by marcel »

(and sorry if Google's automatic translation writes nonsense)

I am fortunate to have spent my entire career in creation using 3d. In 2 years I will be retired. And you know what ?
I always use truespace model side for 100% of my work!

I have not had to change software constantly, I have nothing more to learn technically from my tool and it's great to have only ideas to develop for my customers without worrying about how to do it and because my work is not dependent on technology like in some areas. It's like drawing with a pencil: you don't spend all your time understanding how it works. And if you can't draw, you're not going to spend your life studying all the pencils that exist. It is a waste of time for me if it does not go further than knowing and doing nothing concrete. I feel free in my activity, without stress or fear of not being able because I do not have the best tool or the best computer. My work has been going better since I only rely on my brain capacity.
trueSpace has become an extension of my hand like the pencil I used a long time ago.
I always have an interest in watching what young people are doing with the new generations of software, but I'm not trying to follow them. Not because I'm overwhelmed but because I found what suits me to be free to create what I really want, unpretentious but with sincerity.

I wish everyone to find their way and succeed. If it doesn't work, it doesn't matter. It may be that the path is not the right one?
It is my wish for a happy new year.
Marcel
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
bitkar
Captain

Re: 2020

Post by bitkar »

words of wisdom... happy 2020, good luck with everything.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Bonjour Marcel! Merci de partager vos superbes créations en utilisant trueSpace!
Heres espérant que vous avez une excellente nouvelle année!
Krowbarh
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Krowbarh »

What excellent sentiment...

And you seem to be the prime example of someone sticking to a soft-version and learning it through & through whilst SO MANY out there are worried about upgrading to the new version as if it will make any difference or impact and only learning the basics of the soft...

One wise CG Artist once said "Don't upgrade your CG soft but learn a new feature of the version you already have".

Also devs never tell you "What went into the toilet" when a new version comes out...Have found many cases where an old version is better than a newer version or simply had features that are lost for good...

Thanks Friend.....
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Hi Marcel! I hope you enjoyed your holidays and that next year is very good.

Art is in the artist. Good tools can help but experience, skill, and knowledge make any tool good. An expert with a stick will defeat a beginner with a sword.

I must visit your web site and see what you have done recently.

Bing traduire:
Salut Marcel! J'espère que vous avez apprécié vos vacances et que l'année prochaine est très bonne.

L'art est dans l'artiste. De bons outils peuvent aider, mais l'expérience, les compétences et les connaissances rendent n'importe quel outil bon. Un expert avec un bâton va vaincre un débutant avec une épée.

Je dois visiter votre site Web et voir ce que vous avez fait récemment.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Happy new year. Glad to hear it all is well and that great things are to come. Wishing you all the best.
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

Hi finis.
I have to update my site with the latest creations.
I posted some here (see topic illustrations 2019)
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Great message Marcel! Happy new year!! :bananaclaus:
Steinie
Captain

Post by Steinie »

Happy New Years everyone!
I couldn't agree with Marcel more. There are skilled technicians and talented artist and you are gifted with both. Utilizing the tools that can bring your vision to life is all that is needed.
I always say man' three best inventions are the pencil, a bicycle and trueSpace.
Cheers :bananacheers: