What is GameSpace?

John Phoenix
Seaman

What is GameSpace?

Post by John Phoenix »

I have read people refer to a product called GameSpace.. I cannot information about it on the truespace website. What is it and is it still being developed?
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Re: What is GameSpace?

Post by v3rd3 »

Gamespace was a subset of Truespace intended for the indie game market.... err... rather an attempt to let the indie game market participate in 3d on the web .... :D

The product is no longer available having been discontinued.

You will find there are individuals in this community with knowledge of game development using TS as a base for modelling etc. Some will be developing tools to convert TS content into game file formats used by a variety of engines.

Clintonman has developed plugins to allow users to create Unreal Tournament content. You can find them .... http://www.clintons3d.com/truespace/index.html here.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by BNG »

John Phoenix wrote:I have read people refer to a product called GameSpace.. I cannot information about it on the truespace website. What is it and is it still being developed?
Gamespace was a commercial product for a while until it was discontinued by the now Microsoft owned, Caligari Corporation. There was free version called Gamespace Lite 1.5, but it's not worth the effort to use as it's a limited edition version of the full version which is no longer available.

Your best bet is to get Truespace 7.6 and or 7.61 for modeling. If you need a modeler for older model formats then get TS 7.6 as it includes an older version of TS called Truespace 6. I might also point out that TS 7.6 while still functional is no longer supported at all. However, the Rosetta version of TS 7.61 is still supported by users in terms of plugin and addon support. I have both 7.6 and 7.61 installed for different modeling applications.

I have some basic information on my modeling forum about Gamespace and Truespace. Leroy's Truespace Modeling Hideout. :worship:
Greenthunder
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by Greenthunder »

Holy old thread resurrection, Batman!!! ;)

LOL!
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

It's a mummified thread! :D

Thanks for answering BNG! I had forgotten about gamespace lite.