Vue has gone subscrption...!

RAYMAN
Captain

Vue has gone subscrption...!

Post by RAYMAN »

Well there is some riot in the forums....but could be a good way to use the software for some folks...! A monthly sub can be just got for one month including Plant Studio! If for some reason you need pro..get that next month for just one month!
Like you build scenes materials first month..then take pro for large renders and export to other software!...
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Vue has gone subscrption...!

Post by v3rd3 »

Sad to say this is likely how all software will end up.....
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Draise »

I am not a fan of paying rent for software (unless it's a real services).... I do that on land and it's a black hole. I could have owned a house by now, but I'm still paying up rent.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Yup but can be a much cheaper alternative..depends..!
If you model for a few months outside in a free software you can use it just to make a batch..a realy big batch of all renders in one month and just pay for that!... Well....
CdeB
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by CdeB »

I was running Vue Complete on their previous subscription deal. Now they've assigned me to the lowest subscription package, Creator, which doesn't have the Export capabilities. To get this option back I would need to upgrade to a package which is much more expensive than the subscription I used to pay. That's my main complaint, not the subscription per se. What I liked about Vue before was the modules where you could just buy the components you needed. So I gradually built up to Complete, which was the top of the line for artists before you stepped up to the Pro packages.
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for... no, wait, you have to buy the cow.
And buy it again next month.
And buy it again the next month.
And buy it again the next month.
It's the same cow, so pay up, sucka!
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Well..it depends on the software..!
Lets say it was 2000 $ to get before..and you have Blender or TS for free and you can get Vue for 20$ for that month just to make you final renders..well thats not such a bad deal!!!
You do not realy need it..most of the work can be done in Blender!
Note: I do have substance the whole range as subscrption..and its 19 $ per month!
Not every software is subscription only...!
Note that for 2000$ you get 100 months thats 7 years...!
Its the same thing....! In 7 years your copy is almost worthless!
But all your investment..and you can plan to use it in that month is just 20 bucks....! Take it use it put it back!!!
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

@Cdeb! You can still use your old complete! Its just the updates that are subscription!