The hype is over....

RAYMAN
Captain

The hype is over....

Post by RAYMAN »

The crypto hype is over...expecting grafics cards prices to drop significantly...!
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: The hype is over....

Post by bitkar »

how do you know?
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Its in the air.. its in the news! ;)
Good for us!
Used gtx 1080i for 200$...wouldnt surprise me! ;)
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

I think it's just a cycle. Some currencies will die, other will keep growing and go through it's cycles and/or mining methods.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I hope the gpu's get cheaper.

Bitcoin's value has decreased a lot. I read that investors call that a "correction" -- when something returns to a reasonable value from an unreasonable increase.

However, gpu's are not used much to mine bitcoins now. The difficulty of mining bitcoins increases and it is now so difficult that ASIC chips, hardwired miners, are used. GPU's can't compete with ASIC for mining. Use of AISC caused the difficulty of bitcoin mining to increase faster. Other crypto coins are being mined with gpu's because they are still at lower difficulty levels.

Here's what I hope. It makes sense to mine low difficulty newer coins with fast ASIC miners. High speed mining rapidly drives difficulty beyond gpu's. If that happens the miner's won't want gpu's. Lower demand, lower price.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

yep, i heard that nowadays they mine other cryptos than bitcoin... but ya, i wish it ended. Althought I bought RX580 short time ago :D so that would be a bummer for me if i could just wait a while and get Vega or something for the same price.
But i think it will come.

Btw: not sure if I would buy a GPU, that run 24/7 at high temps to mine cryptocurencies. It will be a pretty "tired" chip.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

I use pirate treasure. I find the exchange rate to be acceptable and the story behind it sells itself.
Walk by faith, not by sight.