trueSpace differant versions installed?

Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

trueSpace differant versions installed?

Post by Steinie »

This question is to all.
Can I install different versions of trueSpace on the same computer but in different directories and expect them to run correctly?
Also with VRay installed in both?
I would like to run the different truBlue and Clintonman improvements but not with my current setup. Also try out the render-er.
seppgirty
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: trueSpace differant versions installed?

Post by seppgirty »

I have ts 3, 5.2, 6.6, 7.6, 7.6.1 with unofficial update. 7.6.1 stand alone with update all to the default install location. No vray though. never noticed a problem. Well sometimes i've had a problem exporting to .x
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Don’t you mean install two of the same version of trueSpace as in tS7.61B8 to your C drive?

Looking at Clinton's video, it looks like it is possible.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5481#p52314

He has several XXX versions installed, by a Virgin. :D
MultiVersions.PNG
Couple of things I have noticed Installing/Uninstalling tS761 and tS761Std with Vray
Both trueSpaces have an Uninstall in the Control Panel's Programs and Features. Vray only has one. (First One)
CP uninsatll.PNG
CP uninsatll.PNG (4.42 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
So I had to run the unins001.exe from the trueSpace directory to uninstall the second Vray installation.
Uninstall.PNG
Uninstall.PNG (6.06 KiB) Viewed 3240 times
Vray's installer defaults to the trueSpace761 directory, so you will have to browse to where you want to install it.
Also noticed that the Vray (Re-Installation) process gets kind of whacky. Makes me think there is some kind of Registry info left over. I searched one time for Vray and Chaos Group in my Registry, but did not find anything.
Also when you uninstall one of the trueSpace installations, you lose the file association to trueSpace files like RsScn, RsObj, and cob...etc

Same thing happens with the iOptic Detectors Install/Uninstall, so you can have several versions of the unins000.exe
IE: unins000.exe, unins001.exe, unins002.exe etc... First one being the trueSpace Uninstaller.

Hope this makes sense.
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by Cellulo »

Hi trueBlue, the Vray installation setup file write nothing in the registry after my test, you can check it by extracting the Vray installation setup file with UniExtract, extract the file in a new folder with the 3rd extract method option (right-click on the file and uniextract in sub folder), after that you can open the "install.iss" file with notepad, and see nothing is related to the registry compared to the trueSpace install.iss setup file that have a lot of registry entries. It is how i make my own setup iss script file by study the iss file.
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

ya, i had 7.6 and 7.61 and it was no problem. Incl Vray in both.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)