Froggy Shoot Out is now free!!!!

3dfrog
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Froggy Shoot Out is now free!!!!

Post by 3dfrog » 26 May 2009, 01:04

Hello Folks.

I have decided to release Froggy Shoot Out as donation ware (aka free). Basically if you like the game you may consider making a small donation of your choosing at the froggy shoot out web page. You are absolutely under no obligation to make a donation though.

Please download it FREE at http://www.froggyshootout.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy everyone, tell everyone you know!!!

3dfrog

Re: Froggy Shoot Out is now free!!!!

Post by 3dfrog » 28 May 2009, 12:50

Hi Folks

Funny thing. I was showing someone my game and they said hey theres the same game on the iphone. I was like whaaaaat??? and he says yeah frogs and all. So he shows me the game and there are certainly similarities but nothing that would make me think they stole the game. There aren't frogs, but green aliens that you shoot amongst various other things. I don't know when the game was made but my game documentation online began in May 2006. I wouldn't try to sue them or anything stupid, unless they had ripped my frogs right from my game or something. I just wrote them and asked if they had seen my game and were possibly influenced by it and if they could give me a mention somewhere. I know there's no ownership on cartoon western shoot up games, but take a look at the game and tell me what you think. I mean that saloon screenshot is incredibly similar to fso.

http://www.pangeasoft.net/billy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway, their game looks very cool. If you have an iphone I would check it out. It's a little pricey for an iphone game though, i think its like 15 bucks :o But looks like lots of fun, the kind of stuff I would have loved to do with froggy shoot out if I was able with fpsc.

3dfrog

Re: Froggy Shoot Out is now free!!!!

Post by 3dfrog » 28 May 2009, 14:07

The owner of pangea software wrote me back, he never saw the game before, but he thought it looked neat. He said it would be cool on iphone. Seems like a nice guy. He said he did see a little similarity too. Guess there can be more than one person who loves cartoon westerns :)