CES 2018 Nvidia...

RAYMAN
Captain

CES 2018 Nvidia...

Post by RAYMAN »

https://youtu.be/1x4O9H66LPE

:mrgreen:
Well here ya go!
Little oulook into the near future! Look also at the keynote speech from Intel!
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: CES 2018 Nvidia...

Post by Finis »

They are doing and planning cool stuff. Lot's of folks are! I do get tired of the TV evangelist style presentation and prefer technical info. instead but you "gotta do what ya gotta do" to get customers and investors interested.

That DGX box he briefly spoke about is the tesla based thing I mentioned. Its super fast connection between the cards is a main feature making it possible for the teslas to work together like that. Regular speed connection, like pcie, between cards is a bottleneck that would slow it down to the point of no gain or even loss. When very fast connections are cheaper we will get similar features in affordable systems.

I saw another video with the Nvidia guy telling about a system with a rack full their boxes. Render on that!

Edit: spelling.
Last edited by Finis on 12 Jan 2018, 01:18, edited 3 times in total.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Yeah true but some approach like the pro render is different it assigns the cards to different render bluckets. so that they dont have to conmunicate.. the work on seperated buckets..
The cool thing in the software is that you can trick one card into that render feature...!
Here is the bucket render feature...
explained...
https://youtu.be/VFIX_MErR3g
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

Good! I noted that people were throwing more hardware at the same old methods instead of inventing more creative ways to render like the real time programs. Now AMD has been creative and used the resources in a new way.

I had imagined ways to divide scenes. (Former programmer/software engineer so that kind of problem interests me.) I thought maybe assigning each card a volume within the scene and they would only talk with "neighbors" about light leaving and entering their volume's boundaries. Maybe divide it so each card considered the effects of one light. Results composited at the end. Etc. My thoughts lead to nothing workable so I salute those who have succeeded. Glad someone is doing it.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero