So..VRay is actually IN 7.61 modelside2.1?!

Krowbarh
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 10

So..VRay is actually IN 7.61 modelside2.1?!

Post by Krowbarh »

Hello, kinda new here. I am confused but trying not to bug, goin' through tutorials & basically shutting up till I have read & seen all there is about tS...SO! haven't dove into it much yet, just watching all the well done video tuts & reading the well written manuals-

So, I have read some older posts about VRay no longer available or for sale yet I fire up this version just recently got from the flat2d site & it says VRay right on the splash & I see a Vray dll in the directory...So this actually has functioning VRay? What a demo-trial-crippleware? f-f-f-fFULL?! If so I would think that would be an attraction to anyone. So how does that work with materials...does it need it's own like most everyone else? What about old textured COB or SCN from earlier versions? Can you import & render out in VRay or must reassign?

Many thanks for anyone here who has done these tuts, plugs, tips, tricks, mats, shaders, etc. Great support for an oldish app. Wish amapi woulda been like this.
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Re: So..VRay is actually IN 7.61 modelside2.1?!

Post by Cellulo »

Hi Krowbarh, V-ray is the full version not limited, actually it's the 1.53 version for the modelside, it can detect mutli-CPU but not GPU if you high end 3D card and it doesn't have the capability of V-ray 3dsmax version but can still make cool render, also for the materials, you can use some shaders from the modelside or the Workspace side, it's better to read the manual in pdf files from the "PDFMan" folder, you can launch "ts76_manual.html" file index and see the pages related to the V-ray engine.
Krowbarh
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: So..VRay is actually IN 7.61 modelside2.1?!

Post by Krowbarh »

Thanks for the quick reply Cellulo. Wow...Maybe the best promotion would be-

FREE VRAY
Inside of trueSpace 7.6

Honestly I see alot of trueSpace hate out there from old posts...Don't understand it at all. I think maybe in the old days peoples machines weren't up to the task. Boy I like the directX viewport rendering in the workspace...Everything very pretty. No need of GPU acceleration here...I use decade old dual cores & such so CPU & DirectX good here...OpenGL...NOOOoooooo!

It's kind of like that old Eric Clapton tune- "When your laptop is old and you wanna ride on DirectX !!!" or something like that. All mine fully upgraded to WinXP SP3.

Thanks again Cellulo!