Three most important things for Blender !

Krowbarh
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Three most important things for Blender !

Post by Krowbarh »

Thanks Stan but after perusing blender tuts & a plethora of free scripts & such I have decided to stay with normal blender. It works without having to mess with updated python and I don't know if that's the problem or not. Funny I can't find anything about it on the site & I don't have the motivation to find out (program bad out of the box, don't wanna sign up on ANOTHER forum AGAIN). So I have already deleted all the Bforartists stuff on my HDD. But-

1-I feel it would be hard as hell to follow tuts done in the standard configuration...Other than the brief Bforartists tuts I see no others out there. For standard blender there is a BUTTLOAD.

2-With the modified python it makes me think plugs & scripts would have problems.

3-Bforsrtists still evolving so constantly having to relearn is not attractive, just like blender sensei & the 'sensei format'. So I will just stick to 2.76 forever, no upgrades, no downgrades.

4-I do however fully agree with Bforartists creed & purpose. Wish him the best in his quest as regular blender is following a strange path. With an app so powerful & so free yet everything around it is sprouting dollar signs & ya gotta sign up & login there too! I resigned to blendswap after many years some months ago...Ha a dozen or so paltry DLs & you're done for the MONTH! But 'cha wanna upgrade?
Tiles
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Three most important things for Blender !

Post by Tiles »

Hey Krowbarh,

Sorry to hear that the 32 bit version doesn't work for you.

Are you on Windows XP by chance? Blender isn't XP compatible anymore since 2.77, they upgraded Python to 3.5 with that version. And so is Bforartists. But then Blender should also break at your pc. Hm. I will definitely investigate here. Possible that i made a mistake with compiling somewhere.

It shouldn't be necessary to install Python first. Blender comes with everything needed, and brings its own Python version. And so should Bforartists. When something is missing here then we have a bug.

Same goes for the addons. Addons from Blender works flawless in Bforartists too in 99% of the cases. Addon compatibility is very important for Bforartists. We do everything possible not to cut us apart from the Blender eco system. There are very rare exceptions like the Renderman addon. I tried to fix it, but haven't found the trouble part yet. And so i gave up. Further investigations would be a man power problem. When somebody here would find the time for ... :)

Videos and Tutorials is of course still a problem. I have just two hands, and i simply cannot compete with the tenthousand folks that produces Blender videos every day. But the good news is that quite a few Blender tutorials simply becomes obsolete because of the improved interface. And you should still be able to follow Blender tutorials. At least the ones that are no spelling lessons. Since the functionality is the same. But even for the hotkey only tutorials you could simply switch to the Blender keymap.

Anyways, i respect of course your decision. When you are happy with Blender then there's no need for Bforartists. And even more when Bforartists doesn't even work for you. Happy Blendering :)

Kind regards

Reiner - Bforartists Developer

EDIT, tested the 32 bit version in a VM with Windows 7 32 bit, and no problems. I would need more informations here. Windows version, error message etc. . But no pressure :)
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http://reinerstilesets.de