Transfer tS to new pc?

W!ZARD
Petty Officer First Class
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Transfer tS to new pc?

Post by W!ZARD »

Hey guys, yes it's me back again after so long away. It's great to see these forums are still being supported and to see so many old familiar names! I must confess that I feel like a bit of a user as I've only come here because I want something - I know, I'm a total lowlife.

Anyway, I'd like to reinstal tS (and V-ray for tS) on my newest pc - I still have the old install files and a working version on my aging laptop. Is it possible to (a) locate the relevant registration numbers from my installed versions (and if so, how?) and (b) use those numbers to re-install tS7.6 and V-Ray for tS on my new machine? I vaguely recall doing exactly this many moons ago when I re-installed onto my Laptop but now the intricacies of the process have slipped my memory. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and I'll understand if nobody wants to help me seeing as I only come here rarely when I want something!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Wizard!
Image WHERE MAGICK HAPPENS!!
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Transfer tS to new pc?

Post by Emmanuel »

Hello Stephen,
Nice to see that the last earthquake didn't swallow your trueSpace files :)
To move your trueSpace installation, just copy/paste your folder from the old computer to the new one and enter the registration codes when prompted. This is how it works for tS6.6 and older. tS7.6 won't ask any serial because it is free.
Only V-Ray may require the installation file because of some C++ libraries.
If you decide to install tS7.6 + VRay, you could use Cellulo's installation file that will provide you with all the plugins in one clic.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Hi W!zard! I'd help if I knew anything about this.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
W!ZARD

Post by W!ZARD »

Thank you very much Emmanual. I have a music video project in mind and I'm wanting to try adding some 3d background elements with live action greenscreened in front. tS would be ideal for creating the elements I need plus helping to refresh my 3d skills.

Thanks Finis, your desire to help also helps :D

Cheers

Wizard

PS we have moved away from the earthquake zone to an area near where I grew up. It's a lot more stable here, at least for the moment!!
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

First, great to have you back Wizard! :bananacheers:
Please share your current work with us if possible! Your work certainly is an inspiration to me, especially when the Monthly contest at Caligari was around.
I hope you visit more often.
Steinie
W!ZARD

Post by W!ZARD »

Steinie wrote:First, great to have you back Wizard! :bananacheers:
Please share your current work with us if possible! Your work certainly is an inspiration to me, especially when the Monthly contest at Caligari was around.
I hope you visit more often.
Steinie
Hi Bob! Thanks for the kind words. Good to see you're still on the scene! I always regret not coming here more often, lots of familiar names and so on. Since leaving Christchurch and the quake zone we've moved back to the top of the South Island very near the area I grew up in. We're living on a horse farm now - a big change from living in the city! One downside of our otherwise wonderful location is woefully slow internet speeds, averaging around 0.6 mbps! This makes doing anything online unbelievably frustrating so I don't spend much time on the internet anymore and I do spend a lots more time taking photographs and playing guitars and drums. 3d work is so very time consuming that it doesn't get a look in these days.

Just recently a new cell tower has been installed at the end of our valley which means that we are now able to get fast broadband service wirelessly via the 4g cell network. We just signed up for it today and are expecting the contractors to come soon to install an aerial and wireless modem. We won't get fibre optic speeds but should be able to receive speeds at least as good as VDSL. I'm hoping for 10 to 15 mbps which will make our online experience much more satisfying!! (That's got to be worth a banana! :bananacool2: )

As winter is approaching I hope to spend some time over the next few months working on a music video and I want to make some cool virtual backdrops using tS. I'll let you guys know how I get on with it if anyone is interested.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Wait what.. you're from New Zealand!? I grew up there!!!
W!ZARD

Post by W!ZARD »

Draise wrote:Wait what.. you're from New Zealand!? I grew up there!!!
LOL - Yeah I'm from New Zealand. Actually I was born in England but my family came here when I was 5 years old. I live in the Nelson area now at the top of the South Island. I've lived here on and off for most of my life.
Where are you from?
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

lolz, well I grew up in Mapua right by Nelson, half way to Motueka!

I am half kiwi though, at age 13 I moved to Colombia and my mother is from Colombia.

I do not have a kiwi accent anymore, it is a neutral American/Canadian/British/Kiwi accent. Hahha, great to see a TS user also from down there in NZ.
W!ZARD

Post by W!ZARD »

Draise wrote:lolz, well I grew up in Mapua right by Nelson, half way to Motueka!

I am half kiwi though, at age 13 I moved to Colombia and my mother is from Colombia.

I do not have a kiwi accent anymore, it is a neutral American/Canadian/British/Kiwi accent. Hahha, great to see a TS user also from down there in NZ.
Mapua! That's not far from here. We live just south of Wakefield. You might not recognise Mapua now - it's undergone a lot of development recently. Not surprising really given what a nice area it is. It must have been a great place to grow up.

I don't know much about Columbia but I did have a friend called Juan who came from there and I had a dentist in Christchurch who was Columbian - damn she was very cute!!
;)