Donations for U3DA expenses

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Donations for U3DA expenses

Post by Finis »

Donate to pay for hosting and other expenses for United 3D Artists. donate here (must be logged in)

$5 and $10 people ... do it!
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
seppgirty
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Donations for U3DA expenses

Post by seppgirty »

donation made. :bananathumb:
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Did everyone donate yet? Please do when you can.
Thanks to all that have this time. :bananathumb:
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

I'm having trouble donating.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Donation goal met! Thank you!

I'll donate the pennies left* and the tax if any. That way after the bills are paid no one else's money will be in my PayPal account which is good for me since I plan to use that account for other things.

Domain (the "dot com" name): This will be paid soon. Must work with Prodigy to transfer technical ownership of that or send him the money to pay it.

Hosting: This will be paid in May and the move to InterServer will begin then.

Prodigy emailed for us to start paying that bill. He has been paying it all this time. Thank you sir! Given that, it seems appropriate and more efficient to transfer ownership of the Godaddy account to an active forum member. I suggest the treasurer should technically own the hosting account and the domain account so it is easier to pay the bills. I also suggest that future treasurers remember those resources really belong to the U3DA members and he only does that job in service to them.

The plan is to move to InterServer because it is cheap. I am also motivated by fleeing the dreaded Borg, uh I mean EIG, who bought and messed up Hostgator. So the hosting bill will be paid in May to InterServer. Our hosting at Hostgator expires in July but I want to be sure there is plenty of time to move the forum to the new host. They'll do the technical parts of the move. Get it working at the new host while it is still online at Hostgator. Then point the domain name to InterServer. That should minimize offline time for the forum.

@Draise, no problem. PayPal is picky about some countries, some types of cards, etc. Who knows.

* @Our last contributor, I see that you donated the right amount to reach the goal. Thank you! The reason the total available is a little less is that Paypal charges a fee.

A bit off of the donation topic ...
I'll resign from being treasurer after this renewal of the hosting and domain. Who wants to be the new treasurer? Also, we need a couple of people to be admins for the forum. Any volunteers?

edit: spelling
Last edited by Finis on 14 Jan 2017, 01:12, edited 2 times in total.
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

First off, Thank You Finis for helping out with everything!

My thoughts?
We don't need a Treasurer for 3 years or more. No need to find one now.
We will need Admins, I was one however I left the real problems to others more qualified like Draise or you. (Mr. Experiment...) :lol:
If I am given Admin right I try to just keep the place going.
Finis you would be a good one, Draise, Stan, Froo come to mind right away.

Heck I think any of the Dirty Dozen I would trust! (Not sure that includes trueBlue but I trust him too)

I'll help anyway I can.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

You are welcome sir.

Stan expressed interest in forum admin. He has logins now for new admin accounts. If he decides to take the job then it is up to him to fill the second admin job if he chooses. I think all U3DA "offices" should have two people.

You don't need serious computer skills to be a forum admin. It is kind of like the back end of Wordpress or Joomla.

I want to retire from "public service". I would like a new treasurer sooner so if something unexpected needs funding he handles it. Problem: until we have another host admin (preferably two) the treasurer must have host admin skills since only he and Prodigy have access to cpanel and Prodigy is seldom available. Prodigy must share the host admin login credentials for there to be new host admins.

No disrespect to Prodigy is meant in any of this. He has moved to other places in life, happy ones I hope, so we need more admins for everything.