How do I keep the lines connected?

stormshadow317
Seaman Recruit
Type the number ten into the box: 10

How do I keep the lines connected?

Post by stormshadow317 »

I haven't used truespace in years but I want to get back in. If I were to draw a mouth on a circle in there how do I get the mouth to stay connected? I try to draw on people and can't get a mouth as one piece. Ears aren't one piece either. I can put them together but is there any way to stay connected while I make an ear, a mouth? Thanks. Every time i try to make a mouth it is one piece at a time.

Damian
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: How do I keep the lines connected?

Post by BNG »

As I recall the edit menu has a draw on geometry tool? Once active you just start with a point and draw out additional points to form the object you want to add to the circle. Leroy. :mrgreen:
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Draise »

Are you doing this in the WS side?

As general practice, best start drawing your hole from another vertice or edge with the draw edge tool.
stormshadow317
Seaman Recruit

Post by stormshadow317 »

I'm still trying. When I draw a line the tool stops and I would love a tool that transfers lines for you. I was an artist years ago in college and loved truespace so i wanted to start again. I want to have fun with modeling some of my ideas. Just have to find how to draw lines on a product. So right now I can draw one line and wish I knew multiple lines.
Damian
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by stan »

Hi Damian, can you post an image of what you are trying to do. Polygon draw tool can do continuous.lines but you must close the line or it disappears when closing edit. Close by having the beginning and end join together or to other edges.
stormshadow317
Seaman Recruit

Post by stormshadow317 »

Watched videos until I found it. A video tutorial I watched him use the "polygon draw" tool to connect. Thank you all. Now I'm going model :) Thank all you!