Question...

MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Question...

Post by MikomDude »

Does anyone know how to get rid of all model-side data in a work-space save so my materials won't constantly mess up after copying an object. I tried turning the bridge off and on again but that did not seem to be it.
bitkar
Captain

Re: Question...

Post by bitkar »

if its what i think... i usually get rid of workspace data by switching to workspace, new blank scene, switching back to model and save my scene. Then i load the scene back. Try the same but reverse model and workspace :D

(i hope i remember that right, didnt check that :)

btw: thread name "questin"? comon...
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

I don't think that will work. The model-side doesn't save workspace data in its save file but I think workspace saves do save model-side data. Still, I'll give your suggestion a go as well.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Ehm... the MS saves materials as new ones in thw WS that usually have an LW appended to to the new material instance.

There is a script I think Clinton made that can backup the materials on the WS, and when you switch back and forth, you can restore them easily enough with a click of a button. He also made another script that helps you re-instance your materials. Switching from scene wide to local or whatever. That might also fix the issue.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

well, sometimes happens that when i render modelside, it shows up some workspace stuff. When i switch to workspace, "new scene" and go back to modelside, it renders fine again (only modelside objects, no ws junk). So it saves both if the bridge is on. I think it saves modelside only (or ws side only) if the bridge is off.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)