Which movie editor?

Karthogen
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Which movie editor?

Post by Karthogen »

Sorry if I missed something I was just skimming this post for a while, then when looking for a tutorial on UV mapping the mozaic thing popped up, it was new to me, I was still doing frame by frame image editing.

Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Kurt »

Karthogen wrote:Sorry if I missed something I was just skimming this post for a while, then when looking for a tutorial on UV mapping the mozaic thing popped up, it was new to me, I was still doing frame by frame image editing.
What I meant was, that mozaic thing was totally new to me! What is it called -UV mapping?? I thought that was the blotchy suntan you get from not applying lotion evenly!

Anyway, it made me realise there was sooooooo much more to learn about computer graphics, and I know I'll never do it!!! I've barely dipped my toe into the murky waters of video editing, and now I find there's a tidal wave out there!!! Yikes!

And you've been doing that procedure "manually"? My hat's off to you, Karth! :)

Cheers,
Kurt.

Karthogen
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Karthogen »

HAven't been doing it long I just found TS about 6 months ago, so I know where you are at. Best thing I found for me was to just start. The Challenges are nice for ideas if you run out of things you want to do on your own. But the only way to learn it is through experience, So Pick up a project you wan to do and start it. when you get stuck do some quick searches through the web and you tube, just type your question and the product name and 9 times out of ten an answer for it comes up. Now you learned one more trick and hopefully had fun doing it.

And I found the people here very helpful for the TS related issues I had, and some of them pointed me in some good directions for software.
Virtual dub for compiling an image sequence to AVI
Gimp2 if you don't have a version of photshop

There is a lot of stuff out there and you can spend a lifetime learning it, it is all about finding a method to your madness that works for you and gets the results you wanted.

Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Kurt »

Karthogen wrote:.....There is a lot of stuff out there and you can spend a lifetime learning it, it is all about finding a method to your madness that works for you and gets the results you wanted.
Don't I know it! One way or another, I've managed to amass a lot of graphics software, and all in just the past year.

Let's see, I've got;

Truespace 7.6, of course
Premiere Elements 7
Photoshop Elements 7
Particle Illusion
Gimp2
Corel Photo Paint
The Corel Draw Suite
Corel Painter
Corel Painter Essentials
Paint Shop Pro
Dogwaffle
PD Particles
Virtual Dub

and for added resources, I've got

Shrink
Streamclip
Decrypter

And to set it all to music I've got a very nice little audio app called Goldwave, which does everything I'm ever likely to want to do.

So, what do you think? Is that overkill, or what!!? :P

Sure it is, but I got a lot of that stuff given to me as gifts, and a lot of the rest was free, as you know. The only ones that made any dents in the bank balance were the Adobe apps and Particle Illusion, but boy, they were worth every cent.

So, this might explain why I ask so many fool questions here. I'm frying my brain trying to learn all this stuff.. :ugeek: :D

Someone at the Adobe forum told me the very same thing you said, Karth; that the trick to video creation is establishing a work flow and following it carefully every time, step by step. How true that is! It would be impossibly difficult to do, otherwise.

Cheers,
Kurt.