Good to see your still here.

DanX
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Good to see your still here.

Post by DanX »

Still got the Miner Project turning and burning aye Drew? :) HEHE Guess I am still willing to play around with it. Just get overwhelmed with all the software and the various learning curves. Don't know if my little brain can take getting back into Vue again. Think my last update was 11.5 or whenever they added the roads and particle engine. I have tried to keep up with Z-brush, but so many updates and new tools. This last one is a game changer. So now I have to learn the new old school tool set "Z-brush style".

I guess the biggest time killer for me has been Unity3D. I took the plunge and purchased the pro version a while back just for giggles, So now, I am kind of inspired/obligated to dive deep into it. So that is where most of my time has gone and then they have a rigorous update schedule to try and keep up with as well. What worked in verion 2, 3 .... don't necessarily work in version 5 or at least its not the most efficient way. Its constantly evolving, thus throwing me new curves.

The beginner "unity" class I was teaching went good but had a fallout with my mentor. If you want to call him that. Turned out to be less than trustworthy so I quit once my obligation to the students was completed.

@ Pugman 1

I am way sold on Z-brush, I think its probably the best choice on the market now days for value and versatility. Only thing it lacks is animation but not sure it needs it. I like the keyshot bridge but now have to pick up keyshots curve as well. Heck after thea and all the other render engines over the years its not a big deal.

The great thing is now days you don't have to make a huge software investment to be able to work in any part of the creative CG industry. Back in the day TrueSpace was the only way to get into it at a low cost other than blender and it was not very well developed back then. Guess that's why I will remember TS. Also nice to be able to connect with others who have shared in the TS experience. It's a dyeing bread but a good one. Again glad to see you guys are still around.