Good to see your still here.

DanX
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Good to see your still here.

Post by DanX »

Not sure if any of you will remember me but I wanted to say hello. Glad your site is still around. :bananathumb: Still like the bananas!
RAYMAN
Captain

Re: Good to see your still here.

Post by RAYMAN »

Hi Dan whats up great to hear from you again. Still on my wednsday call with William sometimes!
Does our site still exist ?
How is your family and especially your son ?
Greetings
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Hey Dan how are you.... good to see your typing... look forward to hearing your voice again someday soon.
DanX

Post by DanX »

All is well with the family. Been a long run with my oldest son. He has been institutionalized for about a year and 2 months now. He became to violent for us to keep him. Its still hard for me to deal with but I can't do anything to help him. But other than that we are all good. Hope all is well with you guys and your loved ones.

Yes, I have kept up with my payments, so as far as I know the site is still up. I have not checked it for some time. Still working with 3D in my free time. A lot of C# and Unity , ZBrush and Silo. I have not even opened up Vue since we were working on our project. My day job has changed hands about 3 times :). Corporate takeovers and then being sold off to smaller entities. Its been crazy but I am still swinging and providing for my family "thank God". The majority of the workforce is younger than most of my kids. hehe.

I see that Drew has not been around for some time now. I hope all is well with him. Maybe I will catch you guys on Skype one of these days if i can get off work in time. Would be nice to catch up a bit. Anyway if you see me on just feel free to alert me. I will answer if at home. My cell don't get a good signal some times so Skype isn't a good option for mobile, at least around here.

Take care:
Dan..........
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Welcome back!...? Would love to check out your site or what you do! :D
DanX

Post by DanX »

Hey Draise, Not much on the old site other than the message boards for the project a few of us started and never finished. To see how you guys still Love TS after all this time is inspiring. Its a shame MS stopped development on it. The collaboration space was ingenious and as far as I know its still never been attempted by anyone else.
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Hiya Dan!

This will be a smoothing out year; you'll see. Keep the oar stroke steady and strong.

I've been in consolidation mode. Also been doing a bunch of research and writing lately, less 3D. Gonna change this year. Will be sharing more, just have to fight harder for creativity is all.
Anyway, great to hear/read from ya.

Be well buddy
DanX

Post by DanX »

Wow! :bananacool2: The gangs all here. Good to see you are still kicking as well Drew. I will be around more. What you think of the direction Zbrush is heading as of late? I am thinking "I like it" .
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Dan, I've been concentrating on Blender. For example, today I sketched out a model of a fat lady I need for a scene. Next is to sculpt her. Normally I just took it into zbrush; no debate. Now, I spent about a half hour trying to decide if its worth taking it into zb at all, so I shut the puter down and made dinner instead. Easier to just stay within the same program (Blender sculpting is pretty good and getting better).
zbrush is doing great with its upgrading and totally respect them for free upgrades, but well, like i just said.

(btw Dan... the model is for a 'Bobby' shot... if ya know what I mean ;) -- working out a whole new script)
pugman 1
Captain

Post by pugman 1 »

Hi Danx, zbrush is a extremely awsome programm . you can sculpt milions of polys. blender can only
handle 2 million befor it slows down ,
i make a model in blender low poly with all the bits like eyes teeth ears horns and the rest of stufff
that your model needs .when satisfide with the low poly unrap it ,then export to zbrush
there pump the subdivisions up to 2 4 6 milion poly and add all the fine details and paint the model
then in zbrush still export all the maps .in blender add all the maps to your low poly wich you can also now
add subdivision back on ,then you have a low poly model what looks like a 4 million poly model
ready for rigging and animation ..
Z bush is awsome for maps and high detail and once you have it every update is free .
blender free truespace free z brush 1 payment and you set to go