Good Software?

Karthogen
Master Chief Petty Officer

Good Software?

Post by Karthogen »

So I see a fe wpeople using Vue, to create their scenes and render final images. Seems like a nice program.

does anyone have any sugestions on a program that would be good for Anamation, rigging, background and could support a larger scale than TS 1,000,000 poly'? I am getting really frustrated by the slowdown in TS when putting a scene together.

I would like to be able to model in TS, pull the objects into the other program for setting the scene and anamation and render out the final image sequence.

Free would be better if it was available, and I would like it to have a decent physics interface.

RAYMAN
Captain

Re: Good Software?

Post by RAYMAN »

For our community project we are using Vue but we are using vue 7 inf. which is quite pricey........
It simply has the benefit of being able to setup ecosystems with billions of polygons basicaly some smart instancing.
It is possible to export physics from workspace side with collada and with Froos new exporter it can also read in
any typ of animation including procedural animation through sequence. The new version od daz studio also exports with collada a nd you can getPoser content into
Vue same as Poser natively......
You can try it out there is a ple version that is for simple free download but you have to specify to instal infinit not stream when you install !
Here is a few of our early tests and results some of the first that we made.....
3 videos
Attachments
test.zip
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 64 times

froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Hey Rayman. Did you ever get those python scripts straightened out?
So the objects are correctly positioned?

Let me know.

The videos look pretty good there too Rayman. Good job! :D

RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Froo no thats the basic problem the one script does not import at the right place and the other one is a real pain because it needs
manual editing every time. roberts said he is looking into making a Ui but i guess he will also need some help .....
Those are just some basic tests Froo.... we will have thousands of houses and people in those scenes !
Peter

froo
Captain

Post by froo »

ok; it sounds like the one that needs manual editing each time is the preferred one, since it
does position the objects correctly. Is that right? If so I can focus on that one. Um... what is it called again?
I reviewed both the other day but did not make a note of their names.
I just need the name of the one you want to use.

The export options in blender are written in python; as I recall, some use the python GUI code.
The Collada one is a good example I believe. I'll take a look at that as well.
i will try to get in touch with Robert to see where he needs assistance, and help where I can.

RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Its called mesh sequence loader and is the one that only hosts one obj. at a time and just lacks a Ui and setting of the position.
Thats the one i want to use .
Thanks Froo !
Peter

froo
Captain

Post by froo »

ok; so this mesh sequence loader does not position the mesh correctly? Or, it does position the mesh correctly, but does not have a GUI?

Sorry; just trying to get this straight.

RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

It should get the import right but we didnt use it because it was so complicated to edit the example file every time...
its the better script also because it doesnt load all meshes at once and overloads Vue.. !

froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Ok I see. Thanks Rayman. Now I have a sense of direction.
thanks.

RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Froo I sent you some imformation via email on that pythonscript and my thanks for what you have sent me !
Peter