Type the number ten into the box: 0

What is an MSN Bot and why is one here?

Post by 3dvisuals dude » 07 Aug 2009, 10:01

Just curious....

see attached screenshot
Attachments
msnbot.jpg
Related Screenshot
Image "Advantage is had from whatever is there, but usefulness arises from whatever is not." - Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching - 500 BC) Image

marcel
Captain

Re: What is an MSN Bot and why is one here?

Post by marcel » 07 Aug 2009, 12:33

sometime i have a google bot as registered user. Bot is a kind of spy from automatic search engine. but it is curious that bots are registered users. There is a way to use the cache of google to see a web site with a pw: type the entire adress of the page witch require a pw in google search (right click to see the link on the enter button or see the code of the html page). If the link is listed, sometime you have a cache version. you can see the private page. i think it is forbidden to crack a pw but google seem to have no law: if google have a cache, it is because google crack the pw to see private rooms and keep the cache. Thank big brother! Some advanced functions from google search (most unknow by people because they need code) are dangerous for freedom. If you are dishonest you can download all you want for free with these functions. But it is tolerated because police use them. To stay within the law, the bot is seen as a real registered user. In this case, why it is not listed in the member list?
Last edited by marcel on 07 Aug 2009, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr

Karthogen
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Karthogen » 07 Aug 2009, 12:39

MSN BOt from Microsofts New BINK search engine?

theuns
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by theuns » 07 Aug 2009, 15:21

[quote="marcel"]sometime i have a google bot as registered user. Bot is a kind of spy from automatic search engine. but it is curious that bots are registered users. There is a way to use the cache of google to see a web site with a pw: type the entire adress of the page witch require a pw in google search (right click to see the link on the enter button or see the code of the html page). If the link is listed, sometime you have a cache version. you can see the private page. i think it is forbidden to crack a pw but google seem to have no law: if google have a cache, it is because google crack the pw to see private rooms and keep the cache. Thank big brother! Some advanced functions from google search (most unknow by people because they need code) are dangerous for freedom. If you are dishonest you can download all you want for free with these functions. But it is tolerated because police use them. To stay within the law, the bot is seen as a real registered user. In this case, why it is not listed in the member list?[/quote]

What about the Igcognito mode of Chrome? That doesn't store any information such as cookies and cache...
theuns - tSer since 2000
.:| http://theunsfvo.cgarena.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
.:| http://bluestarcreations.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis » 07 Aug 2009, 15:29

Yes, the bots (spiders, crawlers) are from the search engines. Google in general is particularly intrusive into people's privacy but Bing, Yahoo, Ask, etc. all gather great amounts of information in various ways.

In their legitimate function as a search engines the bots are the tools that feed the search. They are how Bing or others find pages to put in their database. The bots are supposed to obey the web equivalent of "private keep out" signs: meta tags or robots.txt files that say whether a bot is welcome to index the content. Spambots ignore that of course.

It is an issue for a forum. Here we might welcome the publicity of having the forum's content in the searches. What about private forums? Surely there is a way at least to tell the well behaved bots to keep out.

Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy » 07 Aug 2009, 15:40

Phpbb forums has the option to let bots to access to the forum and search on a proper way.. why? cos if someone put "truespace forum script" google will give tscommunity as a good result..

I can accept and/or deny bots, but i don't see any problem that bot index our site.. indeed.. see bots around is a good sign that our site is visible to the world..

8-)

Repeat with me..
Bots are our friends.. :lol:
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑

v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 » 07 Aug 2009, 16:42

Prodigy wrote:Phpbb forums has the option to let bots to access to the forum and search on a proper way.. why? cos if someone put "truespace forum script" google will give tscommunity as a good result..

I can accept and/or deny bots, but i don't see any problem that bot index our site.. indeed.. see bots around is a good sign that our site is visible to the world..

LOL ... maybe keep the "global domination" thread under lock and key....

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis » 07 Aug 2009, 18:51

Prodigy wrote:Bots are our friends
An MMC topic ...

v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 » 07 Aug 2009, 23:53

Marcel has done bots... I can't compete with that!!!!!! :(

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis » 08 Aug 2009, 01:57

The list of people who can compete with Marcel is a short one but it would be an interesting MMC.