Photogrametry

tomasb44
Petty Officer Third Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Photogrametry

Post by tomasb44 »

Martin changed timing a bit. is it better?

The worst thing is that we have tons of materials but we cannot publish it on the web :).

Anyway, this is reconstruction of WW2 tank from few shots from 15mpix camera (no photos from top so there are some artifacts)
Attachments
ww2tank.PNG
Nobody will hear you scream in Hilbert Space.
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by stan »

Very nice Tomas..how many of the old caligari programmers are working with you on this?
tomasb44

Post by tomasb44 »

stan wrote:Very nice Tomas..how many of the old caligari programmers are working with you on this?

Only MartinB. The rest of calig team is still in MS, they were too weak for a startup ;).
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

Timing of the transitions doesn't look any better to me. The first image is held for a long time then the others seem to move with the same fast speed as before.
There seems to be an image missing near the end the sequence.
By the time you scroll down to the numbered sequences they have already moved past image number 1. I think the bottom 2 shouldn't have automatic scroll or they need to be setup so that they start after they become visible on the screen.
I think a video might be a good idea to show off the 3D models captured by the software.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
tomasb44

Post by tomasb44 »

Those transitions.. it did not really matter if it was 10s or 2s.

Now it is on manual. At the least it will not drag your eyes when you look at the image.

We added new video on our YT channel :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEDyyQr95fk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

I am extremely impressed! Great tech and examples, and great website. I guess this would be awesome to create games in ones own neighborhood! Well after some retopology.

Or as a 3D scanner? I can see lots of implementations fire vfx in cinema too.. Nice
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Very nice video. Will there be any function to control the resolution of the final mesh?
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

tomasb44 wrote:
stan wrote:Very nice Tomas..how many of the old caligari programmers are working with you on this?

Only MartinB. The rest of calig team is still in MS, they were too weak for a startup ;).
Please ask the calig team to leak the truespace source code. We won't tell. I promise. ;) :D
Clinton Reese

tomasb44

Post by tomasb44 »

clintonman wrote:Very nice video. Will there be any function to control the resolution of the final mesh?

Yup, there is mesh simplification but as artists are always unhappy with automatic simplification we kept mesh in full resolution but split the scene into 2-5Mtriangle parts. So you can open blocks in ZBrush, simplify with locked boundaries and then merge + simplify again. We will add retexturing from imported mesh too, so if you provide your own UV map or even retopology the mesh, it should work..
tomasb44

Post by tomasb44 »

Draise wrote:I am extremely impressed! Great tech and examples, and great website. I guess this would be awesome to create games in ones own neighborhood! Well after some retopology.

Or as a 3D scanner? I can see lots of implementations fire vfx in cinema too.. Nice

For Pro guys with laser scanners we added support to color laser scans from photographs; You do not need to have panorama robots that fit on your laser scan tripod :). You just take a lot photos from the scene... also we can merge laser scans clouds with photogrammetry to cover laser-occluded areas. So yes, we kept vfx in mind :).