Latest from Zbrush

jamesmc
Captain

Latest from Zbrush

Post by jamesmc »

In their latest free upgrade, Zbrush has outdid themselves once again with edge and panel loops. Here's a screen shot where it is demonstrated that loops, bevels and curves can be adjusted on the fly to be inset, multi-dimensional and generally be incredibly powerful additions to creative modeling. One can easily see on the screenshoot how this could be adapted in making a shoe or used for highly detailed space craft, clothing or some invention of one's own mind.
Attachments
zbrush.png
Walk by faith, not by sight.
RAYMAN
Captain

Re: Latest from Zbrush

Post by RAYMAN »

Did you say it is a free upgrade.... well I say it again its a free upgrade........ :bananacool2: :worship: :worship:!!!!!
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Wow very nice. I wonder just how they can manage to continue to provide free upgrades like this, and stay in business.
How does that work?
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

froo wrote:Wow very nice. I wonder just how they can manage to continue to provide free upgrades like this, and stay in business.
How does that work?
Deep pockets somewhere I suppose.

Of course, it may be part of a bigger (secret) project whose future intent is not yet known.
(plays twilight zone theme song)
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Look at any Magazine Gallery and notice the software used for their artwork. Almost every-time ZBrush is one of the apps used. If you do this type of work Professionally I would think ZBrush would be a mandatory app in your toolbox. ZBrush is so good at what it does there really is no competitions. The growth is there even with free upgrades.
pugman 1
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by pugman 1 »

Hi Stenie, Its not just for profis ,if you realy enjoy digital sculting get it.
It is also realy great fun to use if just playing with it or doing a serios model
yes it costs a bit but it worth every cent its fun .
cheers Ralph
Benji
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Benji »

I would guess that they can give away free upgrades because they are selling so many new copies of the software and they don't have to. Z Brush is essentially the Photoshop of sculpting apps (but then again PS doesn't give away free upgrades).

I've never used this app except for trials, it's definitely on my list. Still a shame though that Pixologic have dropped the ball with sculptris, that app is pure fun.
JimB
Chief Petty Officer

Post by JimB »

I like the look of ZBrush but its a little expensive £552.09 ($866.9197) ,
3DCoat at least offers a cheaper entry at $99.
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

JimB wrote:I like the look of ZBrush but its a little expensive £552.09 ($866.9197) ,
I was lucky and got in the ground floor on both programs - a little over $200 for each. Haven't spent a dime on either since, except for a $69 Go-Z plug-in (Zbrush) for Carrara.
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

jamesmc wrote:
JimB wrote:I like the look of ZBrush but its a little expensive £552.09 ($866.9197) ,
I was lucky and got in the ground floor on both programs - a little over $200 for each. Haven't spent a dime on either since, except for a $69 Go-Z plug-in (Zbrush) for Carrara.
Wow! :o
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com