Maintain front page

jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Maintain front page

Post by jeffroig »

I have several idea on doing a fund raiser for the forum so that it would not come right out of a single person.

froo
Captain

Post by froo »

That would be cool Jeff.

froo
Captain

Post by froo »

I believe that some folks in the past offered their web pages/sites as locations for news/contests/contest winners etc. So, perhaps that is an alternative solution to trying to update the U3DA front page. Or, just create a new page/site for that purpose. And have a link to the U3DA front page, and/or forums. What do you think?

jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

froo wrote:That would be cool Jeff.
I sent you a PM on my fund raising ideas.

Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

So what is the verdict? Is the front page being updated? Is there going to be a new gallery?

v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Steinie, I don't have a set up for collecting cash via internet (eg Paypal) [at least not at this time] but I am willing to help with the site maintenance if you would like extra hands.

There seem to be community members interested in the work of keeping this site up and running so may I suggest that everyone who is willing or able to take things on become an "online" management committee. We can define the work and responsibilities and line up supporters and timelines.

In closing, Steinie and Prodigy, thank you so much for the work you have done to keep this community alive and kicking.

Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

For sure sounds like a good idea. I would more than gladly pitch in to take in gallery responsibilities!!! (featured artist, featured winner, etc)

bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

you pay hundreds of usd for webhosting??? i can have a full webhosting with php and mysql for 15 USD per year!
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)

Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

A lot of great ideas floating around, thanks for thinking of solutions. I want to be clear about what I am asking.
First Item:
The Front Page
The Front Page is controlled by Prodigy and myself. I am waiting for Prodigy to respond about letting other users help maintain the Front Page. He may have personal stuff there he doesn't want others to have access to. Let's wait and see what he thinks.

Second Item:
Someone being the Treasure for Web Hosting.
I am not asking anyone to come up with methods on how to raise money. I am asking someone to take over maintaining the Account and THEN figuring out ways to raise money. We have two years to do that so not a big rush.
I wanted you all to be aware that someone must be willing to take over by next year giving them time to figure out financials.

Third Item:
WebHost
Who you pick to Host U3DA will be up to you and Prodigy. If there is a cheaper place that have unlimited storage space, almost no down time etc then work that out with Prodigy. This site was started by him and for us. I really have no more say so then all of you. We are in this together.

tylerzambori
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by tylerzambori »

bitkar wrote:you pay hundreds of usd for webhosting??? i can have a full webhosting with php and mysql for 15 USD per year!

Where? I want one for myself...