Maintain front page

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Maintain front page

Post by Finis »

Good that all issues are to be handled. I have little time now but maybe later. I think the group needs "openness". That is, you should keep forum members informed and see what everyone thinks about ideas or decisions.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Anyone that wants to be included in the discussion of the future u3da should join the huddle group.

Some of the issues we will discuss there will include site security etc so the working group needs to be open, but not public.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Yes, I agree, join us in Huddle to help out with whatever work needs to be done to keep the community alive and progressive.
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

I don't know what huddle is but count me in if you're still looking for volunteers.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Awesome! Huddles a collaborative organized workplace, or site thing. You then can share files, set up schedules, discussions, votes, and tasks, etc.

I can't get you in there, but I think one of these guys here can.
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Froo is the workspace manager ... PM him and I am sure he will be glad to set you up.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

v3rd3 wrote:Anyone that wants to be included in the discussion of the future u3da should join the huddle group.

Some of the issues we will discuss there will include site security etc so the working group needs to be open, but not public.
That some things should not be public is true. That "the working group" needs to be entirely non-public is not. That is the kind of excuse politicians make: one thing is this way so all things are that way. There is no reason not to publish most things that any such group might consider regarding the forum. You don't have to be a congressman to get news about what they do ... do you?

Are Prodigy and Steinie active group members?

Given the people (Froo, V3rd3) who are in it I certainly expect nothing but good intentions and yet there is something about this that seems far from the community Prodigy saved from oblivion. I'll PM Froo and join the group so I can know what's happening ... and it looks like it might need a tribune.
Last edited by Finis on 27 Mar 2012, 05:07, edited 1 time in total.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Huddle is just a platform to get the job done, with tasks and timeframes and filesharing, just to make updates manageable with logs, schedules, filesharing, technical things, etc.

Anyone who wants to help out is more than welcome to join. Please do!

It would be good to have your input.
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Actually there is no secrecy at all using Huddle. We use it so that this Forum doesn't get clogged with non 3D talk.
I want volunteers to figure out the future of this site and figure out which members will to move us forward.
Prodigy has always been the lead since he started this site. We do need more people involved so that no one person has the burden. I will be joining Huddle this weekend to discuss financials and go over all the details already discussed.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

spacekdet and Finis, I just sent you guys an invite.
Yeah, the Huddle site is just a convenient place to discuss ideas to decide if they are 'good' or not,
sketches, etc.; not the best place to make plans to take over the world. :ugeek: