Maintain front page

spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Re: Maintain front page

Post by spacekdet »

Mine's not quite that cheap, 6.99 per month. ( W/ 1&1 )
Works out with additional annual domain renewal to about ~100 per year.
So yeah, there are better hosting deals out there.
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by jeffroig »

I think that before you all start talking prices and comparing apples to oranges and so forth that you need to look at the post the Steinie made earlier today.
I good foundation must be laid before you get into prices.
Please look at Steinie's post as he made some very good points about this.
Then after those items have been covered you can go into prices.
Like Steinie said we have time yet, it does not have to happen right this moment.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Dang realy ! Microsoft saved 7 $.... ! Wow !
I was in the Microsoft headquarters 2 months ago and they showed us all the new space and the conference rooms.....they spent millions
on the renovation of the building.. you can even slide from one floor down to the other on your highnie ....
and i asked the guy who showed us around what the future of Truespace would be....
he said True......... what..... :?: never heard of.....you must ask our support ! :D
You call that full digestion.....! ;)
Peter
tylerzambori
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by tylerzambori »

I guess sliding around on your heinie is more important
than knowing anything about Truespace!
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

if necesary, iam ready to help and get a webhosting in czech republic... space is almost infinite, if you dont eat most their servers, they dont limit you.

http://hosting.wedos.com/cs/webhosting.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can use google translate, but its the 30 CZK / month. Its just about to order it and transfer the domain. Then the harder work - transfer all data and databases. But that can be handled too without bigger issues i think.

I already have a very good experience with this provider and my friend who recomended me it aswell. Everything works very well. Whole system, administration, connection stability, its all fine.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
tylerzambori
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by tylerzambori »

bitkar wrote:if necesary, iam ready to help and get a webhosting in czech republic... space is almost infinite, if you dont eat most their servers, they dont limit you.

http://hosting.wedos.com/cs/webhosting.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can use google translate, but its the 30 CZK / month. Its just about to order it and transfer the domain. Then the harder work - transfer all data and databases. But that can be handled too without bigger issues i think.

I already have a very good experience with this provider and my friend who recomended me it aswell. Everything works very well. Whole system, administration, connection stability, its all fine.
Wow, thanks Bitkar! I may just go do this today!
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Bumping this post since the volunteer(s) needed to handle the hosting finances and duties have not appeared. Please review several earlier pages for full info. on the needs.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

froo has organized a group to start working on the front page and we are waiting for more info and site admin permissions to start working on things.

If there is a torch to be passed then the time is now.

If anyone wants to be a part of revamping this site and setting a direction for the future volunteer now.

If this is not worth it anymore please feel free to let us know.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Revamping the front page is great but I mean someone to collect donations and pay the hosting fees when needed ... to be in charge of the hosting for the site. Maybe the domain name too.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

I think the idea is that the people forming this group will take on all the issues related to u3da including where the site is hosted etc. This group will go through the process of deciding the future path of u3da in total.

If there is a lack of interest/participation then we know where this is going.

If you are interested then join this little group. We have a workspace on huddle.

PM froo if you want to be set up on huddle.