strange problem

marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: strange problem

Post by marcel »

after uninstall all TS version, open regedit and erase manually all the key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/ you find here all previous Caligari app installed. these keys are not uninstalled by TS uninstaller, ccleaner, regedit or other soft to clean the registry. right click on each caligari trueSpace to erase all the keys, reboot the computer and install TS again.
Last edited by marcel on 21 Jul 2009, 06:55, edited 1 time in total.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr

Jack Edwards
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Jack Edwards »

This is almost always a video driver issue. Even if you didn't update your video driver manually, sometimes windows does it automatically. To fix it you'll need to revert to a video driver that works with trueSpace.
No booleans were used in the mangling of this message... :?

YafaRay for trueSpace Project

(Current version: v0.7.0)

trueSpacePlugins.com

marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

I am afraid about problem with futur update of the hardware. How many years TS can live if it have no update now?
It would be useful to have a list of incompatibility between TS and hardware. Maybe a thread for that?
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

That's a good point Marcel. As video cards and drivers advance they will become incompatible with TS7.x and so even modelside won't be available. Us TS5 owners are safe until OS's or processors are't compatible. So people who are determined to use TS for years won't have much luck except on an old machine with old drivers.
Death to the parasites.
Send in the scoops.

rrf
Seaman

Post by rrf »

Thanks for all your help everyone.

I solved the problem by utilizing the 'Recovery' option that came with the laptop.
It erased all my files on the main partition, but upon reloading (which is still ongoing :))
Truespace 7.6 loaded and is working fine. :bananamouse: The original problem was probably caused by my own stupidity.

Thanks again,

rf

v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

I think we have quite some time yet.