Odd motion studio hiccup

Rotcorp
Petty Officer First Class

Odd motion studio hiccup

Post by Rotcorp »

Hey folks.
Just curious is anyone has had this problem. I have a model rigged in MoStu. All weights are correct and vertices assigned. When I import this model into a scene or even load a scene where it worked correctly before, it seems ok until I move it. then I find the mesh breaking and warping, especially near joints. This may very well be operator error, and in fact, it likely is, but I was wondering if anyone has come across this before. I've tried erasing and reassigning verts, no luck. I was really hoping to not have to re-rig the model, but if that's the only option...
any advice? Thanks in advance.
~Brad
Attachments
oops.jpg
DesignDevil
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Odd motion studio hiccup

Post by DesignDevil »

Hmmm, normaly i just have this problem if a vertice is wrong weighted or attached to a wrong bone. But if you have checked this - i have no idea.
I still use TrueSpace 6.6
Link: My Youtube Channel
Link: www.DesignDevil.de - Plugins, Tutorials and more about TrueSpace 6.6
Tiles
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Tiles »

For me it looks like those vertices are not to 100% attached to the mesh. Does it get worse when you move the character farer away from its former position? Then it`s that.
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http://reinerstilesets.de
Rotcorp
Petty Officer First Class

Post by Rotcorp »

Hi.
No, I can move the model around freely without getting those lagging verts. I've checked every bone in the skeleton and according to the vertex painting window, they're all assigned to the right bones.
I ended up finding the base model and reassigning the bones to it. I've decided to reanimate the scene since this version of the model seesm to be behaving, but for the life of me I'm not sure what causes this bug.