What are you doing?

Benji
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Benji »

Well, that' my fear. I also want to make it clear that I'm not trying to demean anybody, the fact that this forum exists at all is a blessing, especially considering why it was set up in the first place.......
nigec
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by nigec »

A lot of my time is taking up beta testing which I love, sometimes scenes I like end up here
My pet project is a Myst style adventure game, its took a back seat as I have some sad family stuff to deal with but I have made a lot of progress and once I get a new PC (I've killed this one) I'll start posting some final scenes, I can't even render a simple Daz character at the moment without my computer throwing a wobbley :roll:
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

Good thread Marcel. I have no problem with the tech talk and talk about programs but this is a good thread to talk about the creative parts of projects.

Projects I plan or hope to do:
  • Current project: Elegant Bridge in TS. (thread)
  • Driving animation for the bridge.
  • Make the Elf movie, as a Christmas card, that I tried to do before.
  • Finish my dueling pistols and their case and equipment. (thread)
  • Animate or illustrate some stories I'm working on.
  • Work on Phosphor Tower (thread)
  • Prepare some of my old models like the chariot to sell them.
  • Finish any other unfinished projects I have.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Breech Block wrote:... When they they logged in again to check-out the compo, they just couldn't find it ...
What is compo?

To answer the original post I'm learning 3dsmax style modeling techniques via gmax.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Steve »

Alright I'll excuse myself as well

We're still working on broken skies
...Slowly, scope's expanded to two-three years since I'm literally swamped, not with work 'per se', with life, money, lisences, flying, training, and generally getting ready to call it a day with 3D, Truespace has only been opened a number of times I can count on my two hands since November and there's no way in hell I'm going to be spending thousands of pounds I don't have on a program instead of putting it to use to earn me some flying hours or to go towards my bills or fees so Truespace will be my only and last program.

Sad thing is I'm losing my '3D' head, it may be because all I mainly modelled were aircraft and I get enough of them during the day, most models I come to create end up being quite sloppy or not as good as I want or could make them, it got me through school to college, and through college to University and it's feeling tired out and needs a rest. so I'm afraid guys, aside from the odd model which will come hailing from Deviantart I think I'll be sitting out from now on

I'm finding using Cubase and fiddling about with music is a nicer way to kill a few hours before bed, which this forum isn't about and will go quite unnoticed, I've found a great niché in rescoring and covering songs well within an 'internet' fandom, anime seems to have the best soundtracks to cover, games, and some songs made by actual bands (Pendulum for example) and I'm getting great feedback from people who don't usually see other mediums of 'fan art' aside from drawings.

So a bit of everything, with the one exception being 3D art
Sorry 'bout that
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

I am modelling props and structures on a project with dragneye, danx and rayman on a short for a story developed by dragneye.

I am also working on an animal character and some props for a game being developed by danx.

Right now I am focusing on training myself to create plants in Vue. One of the elements I am designing for the short is a vertical farm so I need crops to put in it.

I am designing some web sites in order to pay for my extravagant hobby.

Other than that I spend a lot of time watching BOT for inspiration.
compPanda

Post by compPanda »

Steve wrote: there's no way in hell I'm going to be spending thousands of pounds I don't have on a program
I have the same feeling - that is why I stick with Truespace as well as tries Blender.
I simply don't want to buy a new software - the ones I would considerer are to expensive for a happy hobbyiest.

And the cheaper alternatives? Well, they are most often produced by small companies off the same size like Caligari. I am not going to buy a 3D software ever again from a small company or a software from a big company that it is possible that it will be discontinued. I simply don't want to put all that effort into learning something again that might become obsolete because the company goes belly up or decides that focusing on another product will earn more them more money. It isn't the price of the product that scares me in this case, it's the effort to learn something that might prove to be a dead end. Sadly there is no hobby version of the industry leaders like 3DSMax or Maya - these giants are not going away so if there was a $400 licens for hobbyiest for any of them I would buy it.... but now I need to add a zero to that price tag...

Blender will continue to be developed. There is no company that can be sold to Microsoft...
Benji

Post by Benji »

Well, that's certainly something blender has in it's favor.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

I had a computer that was 100 % full and was slow like a snail and that even had impact on my professional work.
i couldnt even see any png files in the explorer anymore....
Not to speak of rendering any of my projects....
I got my hardware fixed and updated to something newer and i´starting to finish all my projects that I have started and all my wips
that i started.....
i am also working on a project with Drew Dan and V3rd3....but that also needs my hardware fixed to get me going again...
Peter
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

Hardware and software does not replace the motivation and inspiration. They just save time. Finally, many ongoing projects. Hopefully we'll see soon the progress of these projects. :) :bananacheers:
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr